• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

can someone teach me about forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok so I have followed this forum for almost 3 years now
I love that this game doesn't dead at all (omg my favorite game of all time)
but there is one thing, I always read all the reply on map or project, love seeing some of you guys roleplaying and inserting some wc quote. I really want to join that kind of thing, but I never know how to start with the community, this is my first time joining forums and post thing (yup really). I'm kinda nervous about it because I did not know anything about forum (beside reading all the conversation on a thread)

so my question.... where do I start?
like, how to start posting etc. and other stuff.
always want to make a map but doesn't even understand at all.
i mostly play alone or with some friend, so i don't know anything about this huge community
help helpppp i being repressed

sorry if I'm kinda stupid

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Where do one start? anywhere. There are no rules.

The first thing I did was to send Ralle a PM on how to move between maps in a campaign. After that I mostly posted in the help zones, I was not looking to join the community I just wanted help. As I grew more experienced I returned the favor and helped others.
I somehow found my place in this community without intending to do so.

Of course it will take a while to truly fit into a community. But it's like joining a new class in school. You usually make friends the first week. Maybe even the first day if you put effort into it.

Level 2
Where do one start? anywhere. There are no rules.

The first thing I did was to send Ralle a PM on how to move between maps in a campaign. After that I mostly posted in the help zones, I was not looking to join the community I just wanted help. As I grew more experienced I returned the favor and helped others.
I somehow found my place in this community without intending to do so.

Of course it will take a while to truly fit into a community. But it's like joining a new class in school. You usually make friends the first week. Maybe even the first day if you put effort into it.
now that's my problem, I'm not experienced with anything... so it is always hard for me to try following something. can you suggest what can i do?

Level 2
The GUI tutorials. If you don't understand, post and ask.
well i try making some map

5 don't and 1 do
Don't try to ''fit into'' too hard,
don't shitpost,
don't post in colors,
don't post in times new roman,
don't suck up to mods and
do behave as you do in real life.
why don't post in color?
"don't suck up to mods" what is this mean?
and i though comic san more evil

Level 2
The purpose of coloring text is to add emphasis to particular statement. There is a reason why default text is not red. Those who tend to color their replies to make it more visually challenging to read are not rare cases.

Sucking up to mods is occurrence when one constantly messages or interacts to moderator/administrator in order to have a friend in higher places.
but its ok to post colored text when posting new map or else, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.