• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can someone make UI puzzle pieces out of this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Hey!

@Rufus made a really cool version of a UI that I'd like to use for my upcoming map.

This is what it looks like:
edit-1-png-png.269852

Now, I'm very unfamiliar with the process of making this into a UI, this should be cut to several different pieces and then puzzled together by the game after I import the files.

I need help with cutting it into pieces "this is my last resort" and having the .tga extension.
+rep, credits and good fortune to you! ;)

Level 14
First of all it would be best to know what @Rufus thinks about this idea, since from your message I understand he's the author of the nice image. The author should allow use and modification of this before anyone cuts it into pieces. I'm sure you discussed with him/her this already, but visitors of this thread can't really tell. Could you please show a message that proves that there is no problem editing this?
(In the cases where I am the editor, I require to be certain of these permission issues because art theft isn't how I like to roll, I want to avoid even doing it unknowingly and in good faith. I would like to stress it's not a lack of trust in you, it's just due diligence.)

Second. It was very easy to find the thread UI on this site. I suggest you just download one, observe its parts and make something similar with the graphical style of your choice. If you like the style of a particular artist (e.g. Rufus) just ask him if you can use his assets. It could even be possible that he already developed an UI skin and can share with you the already finished product.

When it's made clear that the author is fine with this, I'll be glad to help you with the task for what little I know of UI modification and 2Da.

Level 14
Here, I've done what was possible by cutting the provided image. Rufus sized that perfectly so only tile4 at the rightmost edge was somewhat tricky :)
What was possible to make was just a beginning of an UI, namely just the console encapsulator appearance: note that most of the UI cannot be copypasted from the provided image because it's not there, it needs to be drawn by a 2d artist and I'm not able to.

Things like cursor, basic orders buttons, inventory cover, aoe marker... I suggest you download a working UI or look up the files of the basic ones, and make drawings that suit this console. Copypaste parts of the .tga provided in the OP and start using them as a color reference.
I can help you with cutting, translating into blp and importing but I'm bad at drawing.

Anyway, what's in here is working fine :) GL

Attachments

• UItest.w3x
    518.1 KB · Views: 34

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Cuore Thank you so much my friend! This is looking splendid! Exactly what I needed for my project ;)
I've added you to my list of credits, here you have some +rep for your effort!

And again, thank you so much! :)

Edit: 14 hours until I can re-rep you haha! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.