• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can someone give me a list of AOS maps that are better than DotA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
In one Latvian forum ,one guy said that there are no AOS maps better than DotA ,but I think there are ,so i ask you to give me a list of AOS maps that are better than DotA (In all aspects Terrain ,Balanse ,Gameplay...)

Level 8
096iamwithstupid.gif
, for what reason do you want to know "better" maps than DotA, first of all, who says that something is better than something else, and do not compare everything with DotA, and the publicity is the most important thing,somewhere are may be "better"(as you spell) maps out there, but only a few guys know it/have it/play it. DotA got nearly everyone.

I do not want start of here a new "DotA" thread, so do not reply, DotA sucks or DotA is the best map ever, we got enough with this ?

Chaos

Level 4
I only found AOM ,where can i find the other maps ,I trided Hive's resourses and wc3sear.ch ,but i couldn't find them :(

Chaos I'm searching for a map that is better than DotA ,cuz I need to prove him that he's wrong...
I'm not starting any ''DotA sucks or DotA is the best map ever'' theard!

Level 6
You can check out the Map Development section and check out my AoS, wherein you build a custom hero...but it is still largely based on Dota and a bit uncompleted yet. I think it's kinda good in Dota standards, but its nothing compared to the triggering work done in Eota...dat one has god-like trigger systems and stuff....

Level 3
Would vote for Age of Myths if the creator wasn't such an asshole. Typical on most people who know JASS...
*Cries on Rui's shoulder*

There isnt really any AoS's out there than compete with Dota, so far atleast :p
That's a matter of opinion. I still say Land of Legends is better :p.

Also, if you can get your hands on an original AoS version, it's quite fun too. (No balance though x_x)

Level 8
096iamwithstupid.gif
, for what reason do you want to know "better" maps than DotA, first of all, who says that something is better than something else, and do not compare everything with DotA, and the publicity is the most important thing,somewhere are may be "better"(as you spell) maps out there, but only a few guys know it/have it/play it. DotA got nearly everyone.

I do not want start of here a new "DotA" thread, so do not reply, DotA sucks or DotA is the best map ever, we got enough with this ?

Chaos

.. Read the freaking post before you start bashing it.

Personally, if I go look at the games list, any AoS I see is better than DotA. DotA was only reasonably fun on 3.7 (RoC), and the fact that a bunch of 12-year-old elitist kids play it every waking hour doesn't much help the map.

Level 7
ageofmyths.org - AoM. Lot's of fun to play, BUT- slows down during some spells and strange things sometimes happen with this map.

beam.to/samurai - SL. Great map, terrain, models and spells all look nice- if we talk about visual impressions, this one is the best.

wizera.net - LoL 2 (I don't recommend it) and LoE (this one is great).

valorz.3.forumer.com - DoE and AotZ. DoE is way better than AotZ imo.

hoskmap.com - HoSK. "Customize your hero" AoS. Some ppl like it, some not.

sand.nl.tt - TLoS. Nice map. And original- look at teching, caravans.... But a bit imba and it won't be fixed in near future, because for now, the project is abandoned. MAYBE someone will take over it, just the original maker must agree.

tidesofblood.com - ToB. I don't like the current version- some heroes totally suck, some are nice. Terrain is quite ugly, especially bases- they look really poor. But new ToB is coming, it should be worth checking out.

Level 1
EotA: Twilight
Eve of the Ancients: Twilight

Personal favorite, unique heros and less item whoring haha. Almost all the abilities are JASS enhanced, some heroes still are sucky though, but you can also play with a fairly intelligent AI.
Version 1.10 Is the best version out right now
((There is a version 1.11 but it takes out the upgrade system as it is a beta))

Level 12
Maps equaly or better than Dota in my opinion:

HoSK : A customize-your-own-Hero AoS
AotZ : Long time since i played it, so i dont remember that much
EotA : Is this the one with the bases to control? This map is a little bit more complex than the others, but still great fun
WotF : Soon to be released by a friend of mine, a AoS where you choose Classes and Characters instead of Heroes

Maps "less good" than Dota in my opinion:

Monolith : This map has nice skills and a fair amount of Heroes, but you gain max level very quickly(Level 10) and i had a hard time finding good items that was worth the pay

Level 7
Razorbrain, it's Megalith, not Monolith :p

And look at the AWESOME terrain there. And about skills and levels- this is one of the oldest AoS maps. The last ver is really old. It's nice that it's still fun to play...

Razor, I recommend that you check out Samurai Legends(DON'T PLAY SAMURAI LEGENDS: LEGACY ! - it's a hacked version by !@%$@!%#! from clan KoNL) and Desert of Exile- this one is by the same person who made AotZ. So SL and DoE.

Level 15
DOTA is very extensive and has some polished systems, but the gameplay is too cliché and repetitive.

TOB is a step up in a few ways, but suffers the same strains of Aeon-of-Dull gameplay.

AoM is another clone. However detailed it may be, its the same old shit over.

Here's an idea, stop playing AOS.

Level 7
No one ,mentioned TGS (the great strategy). Its really popular and is one of the few maps that can scar the mighty dota.

Level 12
Dota is still the best one out there.
Simply because it's had years and years of time to evolve, as well as a monsterous sized fanbase for suggestions and input.

A recent new one is Desert of Exile, which is quite impressive, beautiful skins, nice spells and awesome effects. OVerall thou a bit limitied and simplified Imho.

I hear a new ToB is being worked on and also a new AoM.
They should contain alot of new exciting features, we'll have to wait and see.

Oh yea and ofcourse DoD2 will be out soon, which will pwn, in my biased opion:)
(Can try out some of the heroes in my signature)

Level 6
DOTA is very extensive and has some polished systems, but the gameplay is too cliché and repetitive.

TOB is a step up in a few ways, but suffers the same strains of Aeon-of-Dull gameplay.

AoM is another clone. However detailed it may be, its the same old shit over.

Here's an idea, stop playing AOS.

And what else should you play? I dont want to hear a stop playing warcraft and get into the reallife answer, because i have plently of reallife thank you.

Level 26
And what else should you play? I dont want to hear a stop playing warcraft and get into the reallife answer, because i have plently of reallife thank you.
Because we already have the common sense to play the game in moderation and see no further reason to minimalize our game time, kthx. Furthermore, I do not know whether you have enough real life time or not, but bragging about it certainly doesn't make you seem any more authentic.

Level 4
I played some game called Megalith that was pretty cool. Awesome terrain, the effects were pretty good.

I find DOE to be very imbalanced. Most of the Bane's Heroes are geared toward support, and vice versa.

Neverthless, I don't play AOS very much anymore, and I'm glad. I still play HOSK every once and awhile though.

Level 6
Most people in the internet use these comments then, but it seems i provoked other people with it. Not like i wasnt expecting it~

Level 34
EOTA is the best AOS there is.

Downs:
-No skins or models.
-Not very popular on B.net
-No recipes

Ups:
-I think EVREY spell is unique and cutom in some way. (Unlike DOTA)
-The AI is amazing (Except comps don't get enough items)
-There are 4 maps to play instead of 1!!
-There is more than one way to win! (Can be a downside for some I guess)
-Items help spells out (spells * by a certain stat)
-Items are upgraded instead or recipes which is a change.

Level 2
i think that DotA is bettered by a map i came to find one day while browsin tha net.called D-Day:Judgement 19.9b. VERY wide array of heroes and not short of well known custom models such as alien(from alien vs predator)kinda like DotA except with a few twists and turns.GREAT map especially for i-net or LAN play(singles a bit boring but still worth it)

Status
Not open for further replies.