• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] can passive ability has cooldown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i played DotA and realize that the Anub'seran third skill is passive and Have a CoolDowN
so i wanna ask if the skill is triggered or not?
and i have my Chieftain of the Moo's skill malfunctioning
the skill is when he cast the spell the game LEAKs very much and i have Great Lag on my Pc
the spell is AoE and have 36 Dummy unit that casting shockwave:goblin_boom::ogre_icwydt:

Level 13
It may be triggered but becuz a passive skill has a cd time does not mean its triggered. if you made the spell amulet item a passive hero skill it could have a cd time and count as passive skill.

I dont play DotA so not sure of the spell you're talking about to give you more info on it. but yes from what you say the skill is triggered to have dummy units and cast lots of shock-waves lol.

Level 33
36 DUMMIES, CASTING SHOCKWAVE?!
That ought LAG dude... Seriously
Btw, I tried changing a passive skill's cooldown to either 2 or -2 (hold shift + enter), both of that, fails to to make it on cooldown mode
I greatly support Bond009's opinion, it is TOTALLY triggered

Level 26
The cooldown may be displayed because the ability is based on Reincarnation and Bond009 mentioned the Spell Shield skill, I'm not sure about this one but I think there are two different Spell Shield abilities.

The proccing of the passive spell could also be caught and the ability then replaced by an active one that it immediately used. Switch back to the original spell when the cooldown has finished.

Level 10
no .. the ability i think is based on Orb of Slow which I have read on dota strategies (i think) and the ability ID (displayed on some dota replays or changelogs if you read them) so orb of slow could have a cooldown, passive but as it says, its an orb effect I don't know how that attack thing happen

if you really want a passive one, try triggering it.. the best way to use a dummy cooldown ability is using berserk because it will not cancel the unit's orders and just remove the effects.. after adding it to the unit, order that unit to berserk so the skill will start to cooldown (you must disable/remove the ability ofc)

Level 2
This is a copy (with minor changes) of my formor reply on the thread "ability cooldown"
--------------------------------------------------------------
fist you need 3 spells from the object editor:
[Learning Dummyspell] = channel with "data - options: none" and tooltip
[Passive Dummyspell] = some passive dummy spell, critical strike /w no effect etc. (this is not a hero spell!)
[Cooldown Dummyspell] = some instantcast no-target spell, beserk etc. (this is not a hero spell!)

(all 3 should have same icon and tooltip)

add in object editor [Learning Dummyspell] to the hero. when the hero learns the [Learning Dummyspell], add the [Passive dummyspell] to the hero.
when the hero activates the [Passive dummyspell], remove it, and replace it with [Cooldown Dummyspell]. Activate [Cooldown Dummyspell] via triggers, it will then cooldown. Make a timer that matches the [Cooldown Dummyspell]'s cooldown. When timer expires remove [Cooldown Dummyspell] and add [Passive dummyspell] again.

(you need to set level's of [Passive dummyspell] and [Cooldown Dummyspell] to level [Learning Dummyspell] when replacing them... also you need to make a boolean so that the ability want go off untill cooldown is done)

I'm not good at english or explaning so i posted a test map to show what i mean:grin: "This is a copy testmap (with minor changes) of my formor reply on the thread "ability cooldown""

Attachments

• PassiveCooldown [NOT MUI}.w3x
    19.4 KB · Views: 179
Level 3
First you create attribute bonus spell and make it hide button. Then create spell from orb of lighting, and make it have 100% to hit with some spell (ex. slow). Add this trigger
  • learn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Your Spell - this is Attribute Bonus
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Dummy Spell 1 - this is Orb of Lighting to (Triggering unit)
Create damage detection system and add condition if triggering unit have buff ex. slow.
  • spell
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Slow) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Dummy Spell 1 - this is Orb of Lighting from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Dummy Spell 2 - This is Spell Shield to (Triggering unit)
      • Set p = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for Player 12 (Brown) at p facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Triggering unit)
Then you will have your dummy spell (Spell shield) on cooldown. I have red Fled00w system but only problem with it is becouse you can click on your dummy ability (berserk) and it will say "Your spell is on cooldown" or smt.

Last edited:
Level 7
Whats the real problem? U wanna know about the Weavers ability? Or u wanna create a lagless leakless and bugless (lots of lesses wtf) on hit passive with a cooldown? U confused me...:vw_wtf:

I would seriously like to know how the weavers skill works though...
Its really weird as it makes him attack twice dealing his normal damage on both attacks when the CD is up. And the dual attack is considered orb. How is that possible?:ash:

EDIT: STUPID GOTCHA SIGNATURES!

Level 17
hey guys!
i found the solve, the weaver use the barrage ability that deal 1 damage and have a max damage at 99999
when the cooldown is done, he attack twice
its became more sense when i tried it with siege engine
the siege engine has a very low attack cooldown, and that make it cannot attackwith barrage ability if the barrage is in cooldown

VA doesn't stack with itself, but it stacks on other VA based-spell as long as its not the same ability (all aura's behave like that)

Va1 + Va1 = doesnt stack
Va1 + Va2 = stacks

and yes, VA stacks with MoD...

anyway, the easiest thing to do would be to use Orb of Slow or Orb of Lightning, then just create a timer trigger which runs together with the cooldown and starts when the ability used by OrbofSlow is casted, since you cannot detect when a cooldown finishes...

Level 19
Orb of Lightning and Orb of Slow take cooldown and icon from their casted ability which in this case is Searing Arrows

I attached a map for you to test
It does not require any triggers at all

Note:
Overrides Orb Effects and does not work all the time if the caster does not have a valid attack order (same as DotA)

Attachments

• Weaver Geminate Attack.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 188
Level 7
Orb of Lightning and Orb of Slow take cooldown and icon from their casted ability which in this case is Searing Arrows

I attached a map for you to test
It does not require any triggers at all

Note:
Overrides Orb Effects and does not work all the time if the caster does not have a valid attack order (same as DotA)

Nice searing arrows... I have done that when i created spell from the object editor by accident but i used a melee hero... I thought that it dealt extra damage but it actually attacked twice and dealt extra damage? That would be OP xD

Level 7
you can ofc set the bonus damage of searing arrows to 0...

What im trying to say is that like 2 years ago i had created a spell based on orb of slow or lighting which fired searing arrows (with 100/200/300 bonus dmg) every X secs. And so i thought that i had created a spell that dealt just that dmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.