• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can I use this program for modeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey everyone, new to the site as a member. Hopefully me posting here gets a decent respone time. I was wondering if anyone was familar with the 3D rendering/modeling program called Rhinocerous? And if so, can you model in that and then move the model to another program for conversion/animation?

Any help and input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Stumpy_Joe

Level 3
I found a site somewhere where somebody asked a similar question like mine, but they found no answer. But one guy claimed there's some third party software that converts things to mdx format. Is this true also?

Level 3
I am, it is widely used in the East ( Japan, Korea, etc )

I believe that on their site, you can download the developer tools, write a plugin even for .net to export to mdl ?

but here there are almost to none people that use it.

T.

Oh the East huh? Well I will have to go check that out then, thanks for the tip. The moderators can close this if they want now. I've gotten my answer :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.