• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

can i change that stupid US system MM/DD/YYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was arguing with this guy about how the metric system is way better than his stupid one.
His argument:
- I don't drink a litre of water, nor do I drink a milliliter. I drink a cup, or a pint. Why must I bother myself with these units of measurement that I can't use to describe the things around me?
My argument:
- You're fat lol

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 17
Awesome picture Restor.
And Mag awesome argumentation.

It's true that it's annoying, but you are considering the problem in the wrong side.
Why not simply post on days with no confusion at all ?!

It's not hard to post the 1/1/XXXX, the 11/11/XXXX, the 1/13/XXXX, ...
See ? You will even have many time to correct any typo, or/and test what you're saying yourself before submitting it.

Level 6
Seems that all my great troll friends are posting on this thread, so I want to, too. And I know you're gonna say, "I'm not your friend, guy!" And then, I will say, "I'm not your guy, buddy!" And then, you will say, "I'm not your buddy, friend! O wait, I mean..." Or something like that.

Anyway, today is 01/07/2012 hur in Amurica. And, its easy to tell the date like that because its always the same hur on the hive. So, if you wrote the date lookin like 7/1/12, I'd know you were lyin.

Reactions: Rui
Level 37
So it's 8.1.2012. What's up?

Should this be a clear thing?

Days... Months... Years. Yeah, sounds right to me.

Months... Days... Years. Noo?

Minutes... Seconds... Hours. Nooo?

Seconds... Minutes... Hours. Oh yea.

So... What? Why isn't this a clear thing?

Americans, you try to be unique? Well, see this picture.

unique-not-useful.jpg

Level 6
Damn you conformists. haha jk

I guess I will join the band-wagon and vote for change, even though I'm American and don't have a problem with the m/d/y

Level 17
Out of curiousity, can the admin codepros code it in to alter the day/month system to your preferences or does it only have the one option?
I'm getting a feeling the latter is more correct.

Level 48
You could at least change it to day\month\year. I'm pretty sure that most people prefer it that way, and will understand it better. :p

I was seriously confused about how it works when I first joined. Either way, can't you implement it in Hive 2.0? That would be really cool, whenever it comes out. Hopefully in this decade.

Level 22
^ In order to not get a donut, better leave non-related to D-a-t-e thread for somewhere else. I was also going to ask the same but decided not to for that reason.

I dont have a problem with the Date, i've been to places using both formats so I make a difference, not forum, in the outside world.

Level 9
hmm, as an adept to both formats, and as a lazy-ass, I really haven't noticed the current date format could pose a problem to people here.

yeah, poll is good.

though after this, people would just get on their lives, leaving with only the knowledge that their lives have been slightly improved because they now know what month it is, assuming that everyone lives like a hermit.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The entire world should be on the same system. And it should go YYYY/MM/DD, pwned. :ogre_icwydt:

I prefer YYYY-MM-DD because file browsers can sort by date in filenames properly.

Was about to say that.

I always use YYYYMMDD myself. If not this, then keep MMDDYY, as I've gotten used to it over the last, um, eight years being here.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm down with YYYYMMDD at least it's not throwing the date in the middle which has absolutely 0 logical quality. (...)
This.

All but not the US system.
In logic it translates to:
( All \ [ ~ USSystem ] )
= ( All \ [ All \ USSystem ] ) (means of the whole that is «All» you'll cut out everything in «All» except the US system, which logically equals to:)
= USSystem

Means you're either accidentally saying the contrary of what you want to say without realizing it or you're intentionally saying what you're saying. Translating: are we being sarcastic? :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 22
The US system is not a valid boolean parameter, as there is no logic behind it.

And yet a nation revolves their calendars around it.

90% of the world has 0 logical value, and it still exists. As, a boolean (I would link the definition but Wiki is doing this dumb censorship shit) is a true or false value, it has nothing to do with numbers, I fail to see its relevance.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Oh, and while we're at it, I'd prefer if "Today" and "Yesterday" were replaced with the actual date. Because, I don't know, consistency.. oh, and the fact the time on this forum deviates from my time, thus being confusing.

Level 17
And yet a nation revolves their calendars around it.

Thats doesn't mean it's good, nor logic.

90% of the world has 0 logical value, and it still exists. As, a boolean (I would link the definition but Wiki is doing this dumb censorship shit) is a true or false value, it has nothing to do with numbers, I fail to see its relevance.

The whole RUI's answer is bullshit, a litteral expression can't be translated in logic.
So i don't see how i can't use the same process.

Ofc you know it, but that was nothing else than trolling.
I don't care that much about keep the US system or not.

Level 48
Oh, and while we're at it, I'd prefer if "Today" and "Yesterday" were replaced with the actual date. Because, I don't know, consistency.. oh, and the fact the time on this forum deviates from my time, thus being confusing.

You do realize you can change the timezone displayed on the Hive, right?
It's under "User CP", "Settings and Options", "Edit Options", "Time Zone".

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, I've put it to the same timezone as I am in, and yes, I am sure. It still displays your post just now (3 hours ago?) as yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.