• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can anyone explain to me how I would make those spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I've been making maps and custom triggers for quite some time, unfortunately each time - rather basic. I am simply not capable of creating something that requires more than a few lines of text.

I am quite an "addicted" league of legends player, I have played the game since the very beginning. Unfortunately, about 2 years ago my favourite champion got a rework. I still play him every-single-day, because he is still very good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I just miss what he used to be. So what I thought to myself was, "HEY, what if i make him pre-rework in wc3?" I tried, and I failed. I almost made 2 abilities work, but they are not quite perfect (nowhere near perfect).
I'll describe the spells here if anybody is willing to help my poor lost soul in making those:
Passive
Every time Gragas uses an ability he regains 2% of his max hp over 4 seconds. This buff does not stack if multiple abilities are used, only refreshes.
Q - Barrel roll - 5 levels mana cost - 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120. Cooldown - 12/11/10/9/8 - 1100 range - not sure about missile speed but probably quite slow at lower ranks and faster at higher ranks, also Very big AOE size
Gragas rolls out a barrel that stays on the ground for 5 seconds. Gragas can reactivate the barrel instantly to do 85 / 135 / 185 / 235 / 285 (+90% AP). (treat ap as intelligence) After 5 seconds the barrel explodes on its own. The barrel also slows attack speed of people hit by the barrel by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%.
I ALMOST MADE THE W WORK I'M REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF
W - Drunken Rage - 5 levels mana cost - none Cooldown - 25 at all ranks
Gragas takes a drink from his barrel (pandaren anbody?) and regains 30/45/60/75/90 mana. (This is a 1.5 second channel), if he is not interrupted (stunned) during the channel he also gains 30/40/50/60/70 attack damage (hit damage) and 10/14/18/22/26 % damage reduction for 20 seconds.
E - Body Slam -5 levels - mana cost - 75 Cooldown - 7 seconds speed - 650 / 750 / 850 / 950 / 1050 range - maximum probably around 750 (not sure)
Gragas body slams forward. He can go over terrain. He will stop if he meets with an enemy unit dealing 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+50% AP-intelligence) (+30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70% Attack damage).
R - Explosive Cask - 3 levels - 100 mana cost Cooldown - 90 / 75 / 60 Range - 1400 range (I believe it was bigger than barrel roll) AOE size - slightly bigger than barrel roll
Gragas hurls cask to the target location which explodes upon impact, damaging all nearby enemies and knocking them away from the epicenter of the explosion, while also briefly granting sight of nearby surroundings. 200/325/450 (+100%AP-intelligence) is the damage.

Anyways, I am not asking people to be my slaves and make those for me, I am looking for people who have a bit of time to explain how I would make those, or potentially make them and explain how they did it.
Thank you in advance to all people who are willing to help or contribute in any way.

Level 6
I can tell you already that these spells are quite difficult to make. Unique spells in general can be quite tricky, especially with GUI triggering. The passive and W are simple enough, but the rest is a nightmare of "Every 0.01 seconds of game-time" triggers with several dozen constantly changing variables, abilities, and lots of room for memory leaks.

That's not to say that its impossible, its certainly not. But it is definitely past your abilities if your triggers are limited to a "few lines of text" as you say.

Level 1
I'm accepting any help you offer, great thanks if you create at least some of those spells, also thanks for those guides. They look very helpful.

Level 24
Dunno about a rework... but those are the current abilities... only slightly different in stats.

Q is quite hard cause it has a double cast and requires proper indexing.

W isnt that hard if you know how to use buffs properly.

E can easily be made if you use a dash system.

R can easily be made if you use a missile and knockback system.

Level 24
Thats not the way.

You should start at the easier ones.
For example, start with his ultimate.

You first try to create a missile using a missile system and try to make it land on the target of your spellcast.
Then you try to damage all units in the area of effect, then you try to knock them back from the center.

Once you have done that, you can do another one.
I can also make it, but I will only do so if I can get the Gragas model in .mdx format.

Level 1
Sorry for not responding , but i was absolutely dying from illness. Now that I'm back, How would i go about creating a knockback effect?
Also, how would you suggest creating a buff ability (W-Drunken Rage)? I've tried my few methods and got the mana gaining part right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.