• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Units not updating on maps

Level 4
Hello, I've encountered this a few times now, where while working on my campaign, I'll make changes to the unit in the campaign custom data, and it will not reflect when loading up the map, from what I can tell its only maps that the unit is already placed in. But it's irked me for a while now, and just thought I would see if anyone had a way of updating units in the map to use the newer campaign data. The only solution I have found is to copy the unit from the campaign data to the map data, where the changes are reflected in game. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Level 20
If you test your campaign map via the editor, everything created within the campaign manager will be missing, actually you need to test the map by opening the game and loading your campaign, which is a pain but sadly the only way to go

Level 4
No I'm loading up the game through the launcher, I knew about that, this is an issue where my changes to units in the campaign(f7) tab are not reflected on the map. I also just copy and pasted the unit in the object editor window back into the object editor, and the pasted version did not have any of the changes, it was reset to vanilla. When I copy and paste the unit from the campaign tab (blue text) to the object window (pink text) it does keep the changes. So it seems that my changes aren't actually being saved on the map information, even though it is blue text in the object window with the changes, showing that it was edited in the campaign editor.

Level 4
From the campaign. If you'd like to try and replicate it, you can try editing The Departures campaign, I make changes to Grom, that work on the next (custom map) but not on the one he was originally in. I've resorted to just adding the skills at map initialization with triggers, as it was getting a bit frustrating.

I also checked the map setting, but I put the Grom from the campaign editor into the game, and a copy/pasted version in the object editor, and only the one in the object editor has the changes in game.

Level 4
No the ones I'm testing with are placed by me. Thats the first map he appears in as well, he was hand placed in the vanilla map as well.

Level 4
It happens with every unit I change that is already placed in the map. I change it in the campaign editor, and the changes are not reflected in the map, game is launched from the launcher. I changed the food cost, gold cost, lumber cost of units, and that isn't taking place in game either. This only happens with unit changes. Abilities, items, buffs, and destructables update fine.

edit: Is there some sort of option or something that saves units as they are when placed? If I copy and paste the units from the object editor into the object editor, the setting are set to how they were originally. Very confusing. Maybe it's an issue from saving in the terrain editor at some point? (as that only saves the currently loaded map)

Last edited: