• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign data not used in maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll elaborate.

In a campaign of mine I use the campaign editor to change the Gameplay Constants. The changes are supposed to be in effect in every map in that campaign.
If I check the Gameplay Constants for each individual maps the changes made in the campaign editor is written in blue (just as all campaign data normally is). So far so good.

What I experience though, when testing the campaign, is that the standard Gameplay Constants are used. Not the altered campaign constants, nor the individual map's constants, but the default Gameplay Constants.

However if I change the Gameplay Constants for an individual map and run the campaign the game WILL use the altered stats for that map.

I should note that the campaign Game Interface changes DOES affect every map in the campaign.

Am I missing something?

Note:
In the Gameplay Constants for each individual map the "use custom Gameplay Constants" cannot be checked (or is reversed back to not-cheked when pressing "ok") if all the data there corresponds to the campaign's Gameplay Constants.

hm, and what field did you modify anyway?

Hm a few.

Like creep return radius and time. A few damage bonus tables (which also does not seem to works).
And mainly Hero Attributes. That's how I found out that the wrong data was being used.
Fx. I have set HP/MP gain for each Strength/Intelligence stat to 10. But ingame it keeps applying 25 HP and 15 MP per point.

Level 30
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/campaign-object-editor-problem-124174/

Try what is being said in the thread though exactly same to what Chaosy said and to quote what Linaze said in the thread:

The reason for this I'd is that when using the Test Map thing directly from the editor, it just runs the map without the campaign file where all unit data etc. is stored. So you need to test the campaign by playing it via Warcraft 3.

Or also, Try doing the changes in the Custom Data at Campaign Editor which looks like a Object Editor aswell

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/campaign-object-editor-problem-124174/

Try what is being said in the thread though exactly same to what Chaosy said and to quote what Linaze said in the thread:

Or also, Try doing the changes in the Custom Data at Campaign Editor which looks like a Object Editor aswell

Ehm did you read my initial post?
I already am using the Campaign Editor to change both object data and gameplay constants.
I did write in a post further down that I am in fact testing the map from inside the game and not via the "test map" function in the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.