• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign project for sc2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
At the moment I'm planning a campaign for starcraft 2 , when it comes out ofc. It is gonna be about a Dominion taskforce named the Hellhounds, which have been left behind on a planet, not sure which, when they were helping evacuating the planet's civilians. You start of with a rather large group of marines, reapers and firebats plus the commander, which is gonna be a Firebat Hero (as Blizzard included the Hero systems from wc3 in Galaxy Editor for us modders, or at least I remember hearing so) or a customizeable hero built on attachments.

In mission number one, you'll have to bring your squad from out in the open to a safer place to escape from the zerg. I will most likely make a mission after this which continues the escape, but basically you are gonna end up in a Dominion research facility. In this facility, you'll discover a squadron of Banshees and a docked Battlecruiser. This Battlecruiser is named Surtr, after the norse god of fire. You'll take it into orbit, but to escape the zerg around the planet you have to dock on a large, infested space platform. The station is actually three stations locked together. Your task will be to clean that part of the station, detach it and fly it away in safety. The squad names the station Muspelheim, and makes it their base of operations. Thats how far I've planned for now. What do you think?

The first few mission will be with limited forces, which means that from the second mission and onwards, your starting forces will be what you started with on mission one minus your losses on earlier missions. Later on, you will have more normal missions with base building and such.

I've made a Techtree, but it is only an early sketch, and is bound to be changed.

Attachments

• scan_10315165619_1.jpg
    scan_10315165619_1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 259
Level 19
The evacuation takes on a different approach though. You are not having a mission where you actually evacuate someone, but you start left behind on a planet after holding the line to help the people escape. And the Evacuation of Agria is one of the missions you have to choose with at the start of the game, just thought you'd like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.