• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[PROJECT]Special Marines (FPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special Marines

This is a FPS project, where i plan to make a series of coop mp maps using a fps engine. The story is that you are a squad of elite marines send to various missions. Each map will be connected by story to the next map, thought you will be able to play them in random order.

So far i'm done with the engine, but it still could change. Mission one is 1/3 done in triggers and terrain. Should be done until the start of beta phase 2.

Mission 1 - Outpost
Story: you are in a battlecruser, on your way back from a mission. The battlecruser stops at a forgotten Terran planet to refuel from the planet space station. Then from the planet a few scourges attack the battlecruser. Luckily it doesn't explode right away, instead it crashes on the planet. Thats when the map starts. You start inside the battlecruser and you have 60 seconds to exit it. After 60 seconds it explodes. Once you have exited it, your main objective is to send a distress signal. But its not easy to achieve that goal, there are many obstacles you will encounter in the game.
Gameplay: desert planet. When you get to the outpost, turn on the generators and try to send a distress signal, something will block it. To find out what you will active the sensor tower. By activating it you alert the zerg and they will start attack after an attack. These attacks can be reduced if you kill nydus worms. While the Zerg are attacking you will have to destroy the Protoss that block the signal. Then you need to survive until help arrives. However when it arrives you will tell your commanders that you found a Protoss artefact. The commander will instruct you to defend the scientists while they try to remove the locking mechanism on the artefact. Then the Prottos and Zerg will be attacking you(separately), but this time there will be reinforces. Once the artefact is safe the mission ends.

Features:

• FPS camera and controls ofc
  • Shooting ofc
  • Grenades
  • Medpacks
  • Stimpacks
  • Shields
  • Dropping items
  • Picking up items
  • Score system
  • Vote kick player
  • Objectives screen
  • Spectating other players after death

Features to come:

• Different weapons
  • Enter and exit mechs.
Known Bugs:

• FPS camera out of control for 1-2 secs(very rarely)
  • Aiming has been removed for it completely bugs the camera
  • Sprint bar out of control
  • FPS camera always bugged for first 1 sec if played in SP and you restarted the game(i believe its a SC2 bug)
The fps engine isn't completely mine. I actually just modded it. It belongs to Mule05 from sc2mapster.com . He gave me permission to use and edit it.

Other then that its all mine.

I'm searching for someone who would make a loading screen for my maps.

Screens:
screenshot006v.jpg

screenshot008iu.jpg

But here is a video of the unfinished mission one. At the end of the video i enter the underground level, but i haven't added the celling and doodads yet so its flat and weird.
And the music is awesome if you do not like it, turn your volume down. lol.
NOTE: it lags a little because i was recording.

Last edited:
You know how much this is going to lag, right?
Triggers don't lag in mp, i have tested it before the beta was down with an older engine, but the new things in the engine doesn't present lagy triggers.
The lag is removed when you reduce your shader settings to low. And for now it only lags when you are in the underground level looking at a specific direction. But if you move your screen a little down the lag is gone. And you will not have to look at that direction from the underground for long in the map and it lags very little.
If you have programs or games running in the background they may cause some lag if they use the graphics card.

I'm stopping working on this project because the damn patch after they released the beta again, messed up the hole character-camera system and when my character is not close to the camera bounds for no reasons i can find, the character stops turning at the direction the camera is facing, as a chain reaction this bugs the shoot trigger and the movement trigger. The grenades are not working for no reason too and part of my UI is removed from the game and the imported sounds are gone, and the bullets don't make a trail. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.