• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Hero attack speed error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I tested some campaign and from what i notice, the attack speed of a hero wasn't transfered along with the hero to the new map. I recreate the problem in the attachment, using a tutorial campaign of Bob27. The hero take all the agility tomes then kill peon then move into the next map. His attack speed reverse to that of a lvl 1 paladin.

Can we do something about this?

Attachments

• Campaign Tutorial.w3n
    219.6 KB · Views: 75
Level 19
I had the same problem years ago on my map when restoring my hero from a save file made game.

it happened in my case because of a slow spell cast on the hero before data was saved.

to absolve the problem you need to replace the hero with a unit with exact same type as the hero. in otherwords just replace hero of type a with hero of type a. I can't remember if you keep or toss the relative stats, but you can figure that out.

good luck ^^

Level 6
I had the same problem years ago on my map when restoring my hero from a save file made game.

it happened in my case because of a slow spell cast on the hero before data was saved.

to absolve the problem you need to replace the hero with a unit with exact same type as the hero. in otherwords just replace hero of type a with hero of type a. I can't remember if you keep or toss the relative stats, but you can figure that out.

good luck ^^
Most campaign even the ones belong to Blizzard have similar problem. This is probably something inside the code itself. If we replace the hero with the same hero type, i don't know if powerup item will be transferred with the replacement. About the attribute point we can use the add more attribute point equal to the new hero minus old hero attribute but i don't think we can do the same when dealnig with Manual of Health.

Status
Not open for further replies.