• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Attack speed limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

Rix

Level 1
Hi...
Currently I stumbled on a problem which is... driving me crazy... in the map im developing.
The problem is that... is it possible to go beyond these f***** 400% attackspeed BONUS limit? Becouse if u set base attack for hero for example 4.0 and then give him 1000% buff for attack speed or 10k agi you won't get below 1.0 attack speed...
Is it possible for a hero with 4.0 base attack speed to get for example 0.2 attack speed? (5 attack per sec)
I tried already nearly everything ._.
I'm sorry if there were already thread like that - I tried to search and I couldn't find, on top of it I'm already tired and sleepy....
I hope someone can help me...
Thanks in advance...

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Unit can have attack speed increased up to 400% of it's default value.
Unit can have attack speed decreased up to 80% of it's default value.

Unit can not attack faster than once within period 0.1 second.
And no, it's not possible for hero who has base attack speed 4.0 to have 0.2 after even million bonuses.

Rix

Rix

Level 1
Unit can have attack speed increased up to 400% of it's default value.
Unit can have attack speed decreased up to 80% of it's default value.

Unit can not attack faster than once within period 0.1 second.
And no, it's not possible for hero who has base attack speed 4.0 to have 0.2 after even million bonuses.

Currently the only idea i came up with is that when hero gets total 400% attack speed bonus (from agi and items) then recreate it... but... :/

So it is impossible to go around this? Even with JASS T_T?...

Level 8
You could set the base attack speed of the hero to something lower like 2, and just have an item ability decreasing the hero's attack speed to 4. Then when you want to increase it, simply decrease the affect that is decreasing the hero's attack speed, so the hero's attack speed is decreased to 3, ect.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Why do you think Jass can do everything? Go PPM your GUI trigger and select 'Convert into custom text' - this is jass too, just script is done less efficient way.

The only way to do such thing is to create additional unit. So when your hero reaches max AS bonus, replace it with new unit (that has lower BAT) - however, it's complicated method and I don't recommend it.

Rix

Rix

Level 1
Why do you think Jass can do everything? Go PPM your GUI trigger and select 'Convert into custom text' - this is jass too, just script is done less efficient way.

The only way to do such thing is to create additional unit. So when your hero reaches max AS bonus, replace it with new unit (that has lower BAT) - however, it's complicated method and I don't recommend it.

No, I dont think that JASS can do everything, i dont use it though, but I saw it, JASS got many additional possibilities which are not implemented into trigger editor. In addition i kno more or less how it works, it is easy (since am programmin in C++) am just too lazy to learn all the functions :D...

And about makin new unit - I already wrote b4 that the only idea i got is recreating the unit.

Well, I decided to give up on that idea and just lower bonus from AGI (minimum is 1% or none at all, but if I will trigger the bonus it should be ok :))

Thanks to all of you for your concern, I think the thread may be closed :)

Level 20
Well... Depends on what you want to achieve. 10 hits in 1 second, is the same than 10 units striking once every 10 seconds. You can create a dummy invisible unit that attacks the same time you do, the same target you do. Your unit won't be faster than 10 hit per sec, but having the dummy attacking at the same rate, you can go for any amount of damage you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.