• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Global attack speed cooldown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heya mates, I was kind of wandering...is there any option somewhere that lets me modify the base cooldown attack speed for all units on map?

Thing is that I made an ability on my map that grants huge attack speed, but at some point the hero grows so strong in agility that it raises it's attack speed almost at the limit, and I want to break the limits. I think it's possible since in green td there are towers that at some point fire 10-15 missles/sec ^_^.

I also looked in the gameplay constants but...nothing :) just the att speed per agi.

Would be kindly grateful :ogre_haosis:

Level 2
but won't that make the unit to attack in the same rate at maximum speed? I tried that on a felguard and I was expecting him to hit like a frenzied rabbit (keeping his sword raised over his shoulder) not doing the full animation (bringing his sword to his shoulder and then hitting)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Maximum shots per game second is 10. More is possibleby setting base cooldown to 0 and attack point to 0 but it will cause maximum frame skip until the attack opperation stops (freezes WC3) so is not viable.

That means a cooldown of 0.1 is the lowest obtainable. The maximum boosted attack rate is obtained at +400% faster attack rate (or any other limits are reached such as attack point or 0.1 cooldown). The minimum boosted attack rate is obtained with -400% faster attack rate with no known realistic limit.

It is impossible to change base attack rate without changing the unit type.

Level 17
If its for abillity and you want ridicolous fire power you could just once the abillity is activated have a trigger which adds Phoenix fire. To the unit. Give Phoenix fire the same projectile as the unit and damage. And your set. If since its a hero and you want custom damage. Then you would need the phoenix fire to have 0 damage and make a trigger so that when it effects the unit the unit is damaged. Or something along those lines. Or using dummy units to fire

This is only an alternative. Also - Green td might be using either Phoenixfire or Barrage- Barrage allows for multi shot. Phoenixfire is a passive attack so can be set to 0.1 And if you want even faster add more phoenix fire abillities

Status
Not open for further replies.