• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Changes between RoC 1.00 and later versions

Level 21
So I recently got a physical copy of Warcraft 3 and I've been playing the campaign on patch 1.00
Here I will be talking about how different the game was as to it is now, visually and gameplay-wise.

The campaigns are definitely more difficult to beat, mostly because of gameplay mechanical issues (explained below) but also because of some enemies being stronger.

- Did not encounter anything too different for this campaign specifically but some general changes for every race:
1 - You can only open the Build Menu of a peon-type unit if you only have selected 1 at a time and shift-clicking multiple buildings for the unit to construct will not show the "shade" effect of where the future buildings will be constructed.
2 - Can only have 1 structure type in a control group at a time, so managing your base while having to fight is kind of tough.
3 - Cannon Towers look visually different -> (screenshot is from Digging Up The Dead but you get the point)
Screenshot (83).png

4 - When attacking with the G hotkey with a siege unit such as the Mortar Team, there is no circle showing you the area affected of the attack.
5 - Mortar Teams have 380 hit points, they were later nerfed to having 360. In fact all siege units have more hit points.
6 - Periapt of Vitality only gives 100 more health for the heroes, instead of 150, which is really bad!
7 - Tomes must be picked up as a consumable item such as a potion and then clicked in order to gain the bonus they provide.
8 - On the Culling, when the villagers turn into Zombies: the zombies' play their birth animation after being affected by Dark Conversion.
9 - Gryphon Riders have 650 hit points only.
10 - Gyrocopter's ground attack (when researched) is actually pretty powerful, dealing around 20-30 damage. (Don't remember exact stats since upgrades also affect it).
Gyrocopters are pretty strong I will be honest. Having only 300 less hit points than the Gryphon Riders (when Animal Training is not researched). I used them in Frostmourne and boy were they strong.
11 - Holy Light costs 75 mana and Divine Shield 125 mana on all 3 levels and lasts for 10/20/30 seconds. That's right, 125 mana for 10 seconds divine shield! Devotion Aura gives 1/2/3 armor and Resurrection costs 300 mana if memory serves.
Divine shield can also be deactivated.
12 - Muradin's Storm Bolt ability can target Mechanical units.
13 - Priests' Inner Fire ability costs 25 mana and its hotkey is I. If I'm not mistaken, the current hotkey is F.
14 - Peasants building a structure together is crazy powerful since I believe that there is no drawback for having more peasants. For example:
Obviously 5 peasants now will build faster than 4 peasants but on patch 1.00 5 peasants will build faster than 5 peasants on the newer patches.
15 - Not really a patch 1.00 thing but attacking buildings with siege units such as the Mortar Teams with the G hotkey will prevent them from being targeted by the AI when playing on Hard.
Also: when hovering over a unit or structure's armor icon it doesn't say how much % it reduces.
16 - Can only research 1 upgrade at a time; cannot queue other units or upgrades. If training a unit, cannot queue an upgrade.
17 - Orb of Fire gives 12 damage and deals 12 splash damage. Very strong.
18 - Priests heal at a slower rate.
1 - On Trudging Through the Ashes the enemies didn't seem to target my skeletons explicitly. In fact the enemy's behaviour felt like Neutral Hostile units' behaviour which I enjoyed a lot. All 3 of my skeletons survived and none of them were close to dying.
2 - On Digging up the Dead none of the Paladins used their Divine Shield; 2 or 3 of them do use it but on patch 1.00 none of them do!
Which to be honest I liked a lot! Sure the fights were a tiny bit easier, especially Uther but having to AFK for 45 seconds while your ghouls are getting chopped down by Uther is not fun.
To be honest I loved this version of mission 2.
3 - Meat Wagons have 450 hit points, instead of 380.
4 - Death Pact heals for 60%/120%/240% and has a 30 second cooldown instead of 15. Costs 75 mana instead of 50.
5 - The Golems' Hurl Boulder ability can target mechanical units such as Meat Wagons.
6 - Arthas' ultimate Animate Dead does not make the raised units invulnerable and they last for 120 seconds. Mana cost is increased to 300.
Cooldown seems to be longer as well.
To be honest I love this version of Animate Dead a lot more! At least for the campaign. The reanimated units don't time out almost immediately after you summon them during the fight and they can also tank/soak a lot of damage that would otherwise be dealt to your units such as crypt fiends and necromancers etc...
It is a bit expensive though but getting the Pendant of Energy on mission 2 really helped out a lot!
7 - Acolytes have 180 hit points, instead of 220.
8 - I noticed some issues that the game has though: when I order a unit group to move or attack somewhere, if 1 of the units cannot move, the rest of the units stop moving as well (and yes I disabled the thingy on the bottom left where it orders ranged units to stay behind when ordering a unit group to move/attack).
Also the units move a bit weird at times when engaging the enemy. I noticed this on mission 1 especially. For example when I was fighting a knight and a footman, some of my ghouls would move to the side and then towards the unit I order them to attack instead of directly going for the enemy.
I was literally A clicking the enemy units, not the ground or anything like that.
9 - Unholy Aura says how much it increases hit point regeneration rate (50%/100%/150%) instead of saying "minor/moderate/greater hit point regeneration".
10 - Crates have a different model.
11 - High Elven Peasants can now successfully build their High Elven Barracks.
12 - Cannot repair the bridge in Key of the Three Moons with an acolyte. Weird since on later patches you can do that since the campaign uses patch 1.01 balance but on patch 1.00 you can't do that.
Looks like Repair cannot target Dead or Doodad targets.
Fun fact: if you give a unit the Heal ability and make it target dead targets, that unit will heal them (which does nothing but the spell is being cast and mana depleted).
At least the AI does that for dead structures.
13 - Just noticed that the AI does not focus my acolytes when they repair structures which is just great!
Perhaps they changed/improved the AI to focus repairing workers afterwards.
Edit: on The Fall of Silvermoon my acolytes did get targeted down while repairing the spirit towers. Weird.
14 - Crypt Fiends' Web ability lasts for 20 seconds! But also has a higher cooldown. 20 seconds I believe, instead of lasting for 12 seconds and having a cooldown of 12 seconds.
15 - Necromancers (spellcasters in general) have a much slower mana regeneration I noticed, even when they have a caster upgrade researched.
16 - Ballistae have more hit points and more damage and also their splash AoE damage is crazy good! My spirit towers took a beating.
17 - Banshee's Curse gives a miss chance of 25%, instead of 33%. Costs 50 mana and lasts 60 seconds.
18 - Meat Wagons will NOT drop down corpses automatically when you click the Raise Dead ability of the necromancer. You have to manually unload the corpses.
19 - Goblin Zeppelins can transport Goblin Sappers.
20 - Here things get interesting: UD6 Blackrock & Roll, Too!
So the mission is harder than it is on later patches such as 1.21 or 1.28.5 or whatever, and here is why...
Ogre Magi seem to cast Bloodlust more often, Red Dragons cannot get slowed by the Frost Wyrms. And finally... the most important thing:
Remember #19? Where zeppelins can load goblin sappers... So the lightblue base uses the zeppelins to drop units on your base and a lot of the attacks were below my base which was super fun since they were unpredictable, sometimes around my Black Citadel... instead of just sending the units at my base on foot like the other bases and like they currently do on later patches!
This really made the mission harder!
I killed that base 1st since I didn't want to lose any more Spirit Towers :D . I also did not research freezing breath since it feels like cheating, but even if I were to do that, the mission would still be harder.
When they removed the ability for sappers to be transported by zeppelins, the AI got "messed up" I think.
21 - Red Dragons have 1800 hp and around 60-100 piercing attack damage. Only 1 attack, instead of 2. Perhaps later they gave it the 2nd attack so it have more range against ground units.
Same for Frost Wyrms: just 1 attack.
22 - The creeps so far (on all campaigns) give a lot of gold! RoC is way more gold-based than lumber-based. Upgrades cost like 2 to 3 times (on average) more gold than lumber.
23 - The Siege of Dalaran felt exactly the same except that the gryphon riders have less health which made their attacks weaker.
Maybe if the gyrocopters were to get their anti-ground attack this would've been a hard mission (maybe they do but in the very late game?) but it took me 30 minutes to beat it without rushing and cheesing. In retrospective, Blackrock & Roll, Too! took me 43 minutes to beat.
24 - When Kel'Thuzad is channeling his ultimate, he's playing his spell animation instead of channel, which makes him do weird stuff for 35 seconds xD.
25 - The final mission was so cool! I mean it was almost the same but I decided not to cheese it too much so I only built 1 black citadel on each entrance.
The last couple of minutes were so epic! The humans even poured in from the bottom entrance (where the 2 fountains are). It was phenomenal.
I managed to give Kel'thuzad +10 armor from 2 rings of protection, boots of elvenkind. I also gave him a periapt of vitality and a health stone.
26 - Mana Burn's cast range was super low, at least for the felhounds!
27 - Arthas cannot Death Coil friendly infernals. Meaning that I mostly used them to stay around Kel'Thuzad, except for the last few minutes. They did come in handy but not as much!
28 - I just noticed that the fountain of health recovers hit points way slower than it currently does. It took ages for an abomination or an infernal to heal...
Makes me worried for the 2nd mission in the orc campaign lol. Fountain of mana does seem to regen mana at a nice pace.
29 - Yeah gyrocopters' ground attack is actually pretty nuts. Around 30 siege damage when fully upgraded. Remember that each gyrocopter has 350 health, not 175 or whatever hp they get later on. They air attack is also quite brutal, but it was especially brutal against my gargoyles since there were always a few riflemen supporting them.
30 - I have to check but the frost wyrm's attack does not cause freeze slow on enemy units it attacks unless the freezing breath upgrade is researched.
If I recall correctly, their attacks always cause slow, without the upgrade even. But I have to double check.
31 - I actually had fun for the first time ever on the undead finale! Probably my 15th playthrough of it and the only time I had fun!
I ended up using Arthas' ultimate only once, which was a mistake. I should've trained a meat wagon or two, for Animate Dead and for the steam tanks.
1 - Chain lightning deals 100 damage on level 1, up from 85. I always max it out but now it was more useful against the centaurs at the end of the mission and at the beginning of mission 2.
2 - Far Sight... 150 mana on level 1! WHAT??? It costs 150/100/50 (levels 1/2/3) but woah what the hell?
3 - Feral Spirit costs 100 mana. Giving me even more reason to max out Chain Lightning lol. I'm afraid to find out Earthquake stats :D
4 - Upgrading the Great Hall into Stronghold costs 310 gold and 90 lumber! Only 90 lumber woah! Anyway it was refreshing to play as the orcs when your stuff doesn't cost 300 lumber each xD
5 - Pillage granted me 1 gold and 1 lumber per attack. At least for the grunts.
6 - Not really a patch 1.00 thing but I just noticed that the centaurs all have Medium armor, meaning that they don't take any extra damage from your troll headhunters. On top of that, all of the taurens on mission 2 take like 30 damage from the simple centaur archer, due to its piercing attacks dealing 200% extra damage against heavy armor targets. The tauren do not have any upgrades. At least attack and armor ones.
7 - I just noticed for the first time in my life that the Warsong Clan never researches any upgrades on mission 3, Cry of the Warsong. At least 3 of the human bases went up to 2/2 upgrades and Grommash still felt very strong against them like wow. Simply by attacking alongside either 5 grunts or 4 raiders and 2 troll headhunters.
8 - OMG the Mountain King's Storm Bolt targeted my watch towers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 - Anyway, the AI does not seem to revive the Mountain King after he attacks you once and dies.
10 - The MK's base and the dark green base (Kul'Tiras) attacked me both in unison... Let me say that I suffered.
11 - The AI REALLY loved targeting my burrows instead of watch towers.
12 - You can see the exact moment when the Warsong Clan's AI script is activated since their peons go from gathering 10 gold from the gold mine to gathering only 1. Pretty funny :D
13 - The Spirits of Ashenvale was so goddamn hard. The night elves dealt so much damage it's insane. Especially with the buffed up Ballistae.
Anyway I actually stopped harvesting lumber after killing the first Tree of Life so I can complete the goddamn optional quest.
When clearing out the NE bases, I took a look at their structures. The Ancients are so goddamn weak. Ancient of War only having 800 hp, and the Ancient of Lore and Wind having 750 hp each!!! Note that they cannot attack while rooted yet and the AI does not unroot them to attack you with them while defending.
14 - Goblin Shredders were kinda op against them, especially archers and dryads, but they cost 450/100. Damn that's a lot.
15 - Wind Walk costs 100/75/25 on each level respectively and does not grant phased movement and a critical attack on the first hit.
So I wanted Grom to attack the NE base but he had to go through my Grunts, which he couldn't xD. Wind Walk is very useless on level 1, kinda ok on level 2 and pretty good at level 3 (well excluding the movement issue).
16 - Mirror Image costs 150 mana. Critical Strike seemed to be the same.
17 - Bladestorm costs 250 mana which isn't that but, but I swear the cooldown was like 6 freaking minutes. Like what the???
Also bladestorm did not damage the dryads, I think it goes through the infernal's spell immunity at least? Probably I'm just uneducated on this matter though. Anyway bladestorm just 1 shot the production buildings of the night elves.
18 - Shamans are actually pretty decent damage dealers not gonna lie.
19 - The night elven archers were the bane of my existence on this mission, for real.
20 - Kodo Beasts also have a faster attack speed. Only 790 hp only though.
21 - Chaos Warlocks seem to have a bigger selection scale circle thingy. They look a bit weird when you hover them, like small.
22 - BIGGEST REVELATION YET: Ancient Protectors have Fortified armor when they are uprooted! This made them even scarier since they attack your base in this mission. I always made sure to have Raiders (apart from ensnaring the chimaeras and hippogryph riders).
23 - You can use the Chaos Warlock's Firebolt on buildings it seems, at least Ancients but I think all Mechanical units, so all buildings. The interesting thing is that the Firebolt does not stun uprooted Ancients.
24 - Probably not a patch 1.00 thing but Chaos Peons cost 80 gold and Chaos Warlocks 260 (no lumber).
25 - Chaos Warlocks take a long time to be trained.
26 - I just realized that the Paladin on the Cry of the Warsong mission used his Divine Shield when he was low on hp. Perhaps later on they changed the AI to use it after the unit takes damage or to dodge a missile type spell such as Death Coil.
27 - Great Hall has 1400 hit points, Stronghold has 1600 and Fortress has 1800.
28 - Cannot select your Peon while he is constructing a building.
29 - Cenarius played his Spell animation while channeling Tranquility, similar to Kel'Thuzad with Death and Decay. Probably all channeling spells use the Spell animation string instead of the Channel one. Well at least Furion won't just stay idle/afk while using his ultimate in the night elf campaign I guess.
30 - Critical Strike works against friendly units.
31 - On mission 6, the Goblin Shredder cost me 440 gold and 100 lumber instead of 450 gold and 100 lumber like on mission 4. Wut?
32 - Glyph of Purification has a very distinct icon which looks incredible in my opinion. Here it is:
Screenshot (89).png

33 - The Oracle -> the sheep that turn into footmen are not bugged! All of the sheep turn into footmen and change their player owner to the Humans' one. Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot (90).png

34 - Earthquake does not seem to slow down attack speed.
35 - Too many misc stuff for me to remember and I'm not really writing them down but all upgrades (melee, ranged and armor) have different costs.
36 - Shamans have a whopping 17-23 (or 17-24) damage when fully upgraded.
37 - Troll Witch Doctors have 17-20 damage when fully upgraded.
38 - Pendant of Mana gives 300 mana, instead of 250. Cairne has a lot of mana now.
39 - Endurance Aura gives flat movement speed bonus; 10/20/30. I always thought it was a % based movement bonus, apart from the attack speed one.
40 - The War Golems and Siege Golem have mana but never used any of their abilities against me (if they were to have any abilities).
41 - Pillage takes forever to research. Goddamn.
42 - Final mission was actually very easy after the initial infernal attacks. The infernals suddenly stopped targeting my reparing peons which was nice of them.
43 - The orcs only attacked me from the left side which is weird. I've played this mission many times and I swear they also attack from the north.
Screenshot:
Screenshot (91).png

44 - Jaina was NEVER in any trouble. Weird again since I remember her getting rekt when playing the game on patch 1.29 for example (using 1.01 RoC balance for the campaign).
45 - Chaos Kodo beasts are not bugged!!! They can attack me! I always remember the chaos kodos being bugged and not attacking anyone/anything.
46 - Jaina actually sent a decent attack (note that I play the missions on hard mode, meaning that allies such as Jaina send less units in their attack groups).
Screenshot:
Screenshot (92).png

46 - All in all, the mission honestly felt underwhelming but it was still fun. Perhaps since Thrall and Cairne have around 100 Normal attack damage (each) when a kodo beast is present, meaning that they kill the chaos warlocks in 3 hits.
47 - Overall it is fun to play as the orcs when your upgrades cost like 1000 lumber total instead of 4000.
1 - Ancients only recover 50 hit points when eating a tree!!! Proof below:
Screenshot (94).png

Yeah, I also used it just to make sure it wasn't a typo.
2 - At least the ancients keep their fortified armor when uprooted so I used some for the attack.
3 - Enemy attack waves were weird. First attack was like 4 footmen then it was like 3 Grunts and 6 Riflemen then only like 2 Troll Headhunters etc...
A screenshot:
Screenshot (93).png

4 - Tree of Life only has 1000 hit points and 2 armor.
5 - Archers are quite strong not gonna lie. Usually half of my army dies on this mission when I attack the enemies' base(s).
To be fair the Paladin did not use his divine shield but archers also have 19-22 damage, not 16-18.
6 - Starfall deals 75 damage per wave. Lasts 30 seconds, costs 200 mana and has a cooldown of 120 seconds.
7 - Uh mission 2 felt exactly the same. Just noticed that doom guards don't even have war stomp on this mission which is nice I guess.
8 - Not really a patch 1.00 thing but since mission 2 is basically the same I shall share this cool screenshot of Shandris and her Shadowleaves fighting the undead base:
1706616743018.png

9 - Mission 3 was another mission with nothing different apart from some misc stuff such as slightly different upgrades/unit costs.
I decided to use ancient protectors against the orcs and while I could not destroy the base, I used the protectors to soak some enemy damage while my troops get across the orcish base.
10 - Ballistae don't have Attack Ground attack/command, meaning that I cannot "outsmart" the AI on hard mode so they don't focus fire my ballistae. Shame...
11 - Doom guards only have 1 attack both for ground and air units, the strong one which is like 42-48 damage per attack. I assume that the anti air attack will deal AoE damage but have to test it.
I will post a screenshot I guess of the doom guard's 1 attack.
12 - HUGE CHANGE: when the ancient protectors attack a unit, they retain the position they were facing during the attack, after the attack. Now they just move their faces to the original position when idle. Screenshots:
Screenshot (97).png
Screenshot (96).png

13 - Mission 4: I just realized that you don't unlock any new unit or structure on this mission, you only gain the Nature's Blessing upgrade which is already researched for you when the mission starts. You can thankfully upgrade your units to 2/2. In mission 3 you have a Tree of Ages so you can train dryads but you are stuck on 1/1 upgrades (unless I'm having a major brain fart).
14 - Ballistae cost 245/85 and 4 food each, have increased damage as well. Pretty strong siege unit.
15 - So yeah I figured it out; paladins only cast divine shield when they're about to die in patch 1.00 . For me they usually did not cast it since it costs 125 mana and when they're about to die they've already used holy light a few times and some of them have also cast their ultimate which costs 300 mana so they didn't have enough mana to cast divine shield. Screenshot taken 1 second after paladin used his divine shield:
Screenshot (102).png

16 - Death Revenants seem to have 700 mana. As I recall, they only have 500 now. Screenshot below:
Screenshot (103).png

17 - Corrupted Tree of Eternity has 2500 hit points! Whereas, a normal Tree of Eternity only has 1800! Screenshot below:
Screenshot (104).png

18 - Thorns aura returns flat 4/8/12 damage to melee attackers.
19 - Entangling Roots deals 15 damage per second for 15/30/45 seconds. Entangled units can attack.
20 - Overall the mission felt really hard not gonna lie. I usually beat it without any issue but there were a few scary moments.
The corrupted treants were hella op. The level 5 ones especially. Satyrs felt similar in strength.
21 - Druid of the Talon's Faerie Fire is a lot different, stats-wise. Take a look at the screenshot:
Screenshot (107).png

22 - Tranquility costs 200 mana, 120 seconds cooldown, 30 seconds duration and 20 hit point regeneration per second. Also Furion plays his spell animation during the channeling of the spell.
23 - Battle Golems have 300 mana for unknown reasons, take a look:
Screenshot (109).png

24 - Mana Burn costs 75 mana, removes 100/200/300 mana from enemy targets. Deals 300 damage on level 3 which is crazy and can 1 shot the burning skeleton archers and the frost skeleton archers as well.
Has super small cast range though, the caster has to be right next to the target basically.
Screenshot (110).png

25 - Not a patch 1.00 thing but it's worth a mention; so while I was out farming with Illidan, I got attacked by both the satyrs and the demons... it was close not gonna lie. Screenshot:
Screenshot (111).png

26 - While in demon form, Illidan's attacks did NOT splash; they were not AoE. The bonus was that his attacks did not damage my own units but also did not damage (in AoE) enemy units.
I honestly like it that he can damage your own units when playing on patch 1.26 or 1.29 for example.
27 - Archers are actually crazy strong when fully upgraded! Attack range is 700 and attack damage is 25-37... insane!
Screenshot:
Screenshot (112).png

28 - Final mission was epic! Jaina ended up dying with 28 minutes left.
Thankfully the orcs were quite competent I gotta say.
29 - When Jaina was getting low on hp, she used her ultimate on her castle to teleport to safety, I don't remember her doing that on later patches so it's very cool!
30 - Entangling Roots can be cast on Meat Wagons. Screenshot:
Screenshot (114).png

31 - Doom Guards were hella strong with their not nerfed ground attack.
32 - Some attacks with Anetheron (the dreadlord) were nasty since he had like 10 meat wagon with him and he seemed to cast his Rain of Chaos ability a couple of minutes before attacking... meaning that in his attack waves he had 3 extra infernals attacking alongside him. On top of that, since that ability has a low cooldown, he cast it again upon attacking which made him have 6 infernals at once.
33 - Potion of Invulnerability costs 250 gold and lasts for 15 seconds. Screenshot:
Screenshot (113).png

34 - Jaina managed to have 4 Water Elementals at once. Screenshot:
Screenshot (115).png

35 - Hippogryph Riders have 780 hp. Archers have 260 and Hippogryphs have 500 so the combo of both has 20 extra hp but 50 less attack range! Archers has 500 (700 with upgrade) and Hippogryph Archers has 450 (650 with upgrade).
36 - Archers that ride Hippogryphs cannot be unmounted. Screenshot:
Screenshot (116).png

37 - Tranquility seemed to have a long cooldown. At least 2 minutes. So sometimes I used it against an attack wave and then the next attack wave arrived and it was on cooldown.

All campaigns have been completed, my work here is done. I hope y'all could learn a few fun things about wc3.

From my experience: the night elves were definitely supposed to be super unique. Same for the undead of course from the alpha/beta but the night elves kept a lot of uniqueness in the official release of the game, which was then removed (only a bit of course, they're still unique).

Attachments

• Screenshot (107).png
    Screenshot (107).png
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Level 21
Sir yes sir!
I am playing through all of the missions and updating this as soon as I notice something worth mentioning.
I don't mention 100% of the stuff but the things I don't mention are quite irrelevant.

Sadly this will only be for RoC since I don't have the physical copy of TFT and I believe that those campaigns use the patch 1.07 balance like on every single patch so from what I can tell the TFT campaigns are the same.

Level 11
i tried the beta version of wc3 there seems to be some of its traits left in the release one such as being able to upgrade only once and slow mana regin on a side note i always disliked how important story characters have the same stats as the melee heroes uther is like the strongest paladin and he has like idk 1850 HP or something like that , now lets not get too far but yes siege weapons were very strong in the beta as it seems here too i think a change for the better has been done siege units were annoying to deal with in wc1 and wc2 (played the remake versions in wc3 no way im going back to play games with outdated pathfinding and no waypoints) if i remember right the death knight also had 4 base armor instead of 3 thats in melee but its a thing and the devotion aura is a lot like the beta one with 1/2/3 armor no wonder they buffed it , its total trash in this case feels like the paladin got a lot of improvement , and the DK ult was also like that in the beta! also the gnoll overseer was called gnoll king is that still there? and does the animated corpses look blue rather than red? the TC also had a larger collision size too looking forward to see invasion of the forgotten lands of kalimdor :grin:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
12 - Muradin's Storm Bolt ability can target Mechanical units.
This one awoke a dormant childhood memory in which I blew a Meat Wagon using Storm Bolt. :wgrin:

i always disliked how important story characters have the same stats as the melee heroes
As a footnote to that, intelligence heroes (Thrall, Jaina, and Furion, dunno if Kel'Thuzad too) do have +1 strength than their melee counterparts :p

Level 21
As a footnote to that, intelligence heroes (Thrall, Jaina, and Furion, dunno if Kel'Thuzad too) do have +1 strength than their melee counterparts :p
I think most campaign heroes have +1 strength. Grommash Hellscream has 25 more hp than regular blademaster.
Kel'Thuzad yes but only for the early patches. Later on the melee Lich hero was buffer to have more strength so in later patches Kel'Thuzad is actually way weaker than the regular melee Lich.
i tried the beta version of wc3 there seems to be some of its traits left in the release one such as being able to upgrade only once and slow mana regin on a side note i always disliked how important story characters have the same stats as the melee heroes uther is like the strongest paladin and he has like idk 1850 HP or something like that , now lets not get too far but yes siege weapons were very strong in the beta as it seems here too i think a change for the better has been done siege units were annoying to deal with in wc1 and wc2 (played the remake versions in wc3 no way im going back to play games with outdated pathfinding and no waypoints) if i remember right the death knight also had 4 base armor instead of 3 thats in melee but its a thing and the devotion aura is a lot like the beta one with 1/2/3 armor no wonder they buffed it , its total trash in this case feels like the paladin got a lot of improvement , and the DK ult was also like that in the beta! also the gnoll overseer was called gnoll king is that still there? and does the animated corpses look blue rather than red? the TC also had a larger collision size too looking forward to see invasion of the forgotten lands of kalimdor :grin:
No gnoll king sadly. It's a gnoll overseer.
What I also noticed was that (generally speaking) all creeps are weaker than they are currently.
Mostly less attack damage but some also have less hp.

10 - Crates have a different model.
Do you have a screenshot of this model? Do we have it available for modding as a download on Hive? If not, we might as well. MDX Model format has not changed since Roc 1.00, other than for Reforged.

Edit:

I tried loading patch 1.00 crates versus patch 1.22 crates in Retera Model Studio. Is this the difference you saw? It seems like maybe the texture changed??

1703441723797.png

When weird unexpected things change, it's possible Retera Model Studio might not render it accurately, so I'm curious if the differences captured here were what you saw visually

Do you have a screenshot of this model? Do we have it available for modding as a download on Hive? If not, we might as well. MDX Model format has not changed since Roc 1.00, other than for Reforged.

Edit:

I tried loading patch 1.00 crates versus patch 1.22 crates in Retera Model Studio. Is this the difference you saw? It seems like maybe the texture changed??

View attachment 457270

When weird unexpected things change, it's possible Retera Model Studio might not render it accurately, so I'm curious if the differences captured here were what you saw visually
In terms of the crates I remember them being a lot sharper textured until a patch made them blurry. But that could be something else.

Level 21

Edit:

View attachment 457270

No, I will send a screenshot.
In terms of the crates I remember them being a lot sharper textured until a patch made them blurry. But that could be something else.
They actually look blurry on patch 1.00
I will send a screenshot next time I open the game.

PS: @Retera, can also extract cannon tower model and upload it? I suppose I can do that but you seem more familiar with those stuff.

Last edited:
Uhh, sure, it's easy to get that tower, but it's embedded in the Stand Upgrade Second animation of the general purpose human tower model.

Also, everybody who has 1.28 or below installed has this model in their War3.mpq which contains Patch 1.00 data, so in hindsight it might not be super useful to upload it. But here it is.

Attachments

• HumanTower.mdx
    192.8 KB · Views: 4
Level 21
Here is the barricade doodad.
Perhaps the pics you sent match these... I see that now!
I thought they looked different but maybe they look blurry when I play it because the screen is stretched out on my big monitor!

Edit: yeah... pretty sure they're the same.
I shall remove that from the list but will wait for you to confirm this.

Attachments

• Screenshot (84).png
    Screenshot (84).png
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot (85).png
    Screenshot (85).png
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot (87).png
    Screenshot (87).png
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot (86).png
    Screenshot (86).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
Level 11
Here is the barricade doodad.
Perhaps the pics you sent match these... I see that now!
I thought they looked different but maybe they look blurry when I play it because the screen is stretched out on my big monitor!

Edit: yeah... pretty sure they're the same.
I shall remove that from the list but will wait for you to confirm this.
im sure the barricades were somewhat brighter in later versions at least

Level 21
Do you have a description of what you were seeing?
The screenshots I posted inside the Invasion of Kalimdor segment.

The Glyph of Purification seems to have a different icon, I wonder if you could send it here to download.

Also look at the footmen in the picture, all of them are blue (enemy), instead of half enemy and half blue. Would be cool if we could find out why it bugged out on later patches. Works perfectly on 1.00

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
10 - Gyrocopter's ground attack (when researched) is actually pretty powerful, dealing around 20-30 damage. (Don't remember exact stats since upgrades also affect it).
Gyrocopter had double the stats of a flying machine, it was 25-30 last time I checked

IMPORTANT NEWS:

My work is finished, all campaigns have been completed. I decided to add more screenshots in the last couple of campaigns to make it more fun to read.

I shall pin @Footman16 since he was the first person to comment on this thread :grin:
I found this really interesting!

Just wish there was more :p

Level 21
I found this really interesting!

Just wish there was more :p
M-more? :cry:

Jokes apart, it was fun not having any bugs in the campaigns and, maybe, I shall create another spoiler tag which will include the little things such as upgrade costs etc.
For example: the attack upgrade for huntresses, archers etc... costs 375/175 on level 3.

I could also talk about the World Editor! For example there is no object editor, instead there is a unit editor and, from what I can tell, there's a lot of things you cannot change that you can in the current object editor.
It is a lot more primitive and hats off to the (campaign) map makers back in the day. Really talented people!