• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buying Hero Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Didn't seem to do anything, I have found a custom hero line wars map and had a look at the triggers. Sadly it is in jass so I have no idea what to do but it seems like he is making a dummy spell called 'empty slot' then once you buy the spell can stand on the ready circle, it adds the spell you wanted to the hero, swaps the level of the dummy spell and the new spell, then removes the dummy spell.

Here is the link to the map.

Is this possible in GUI?

Edit: This link actually has exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the help anyway guys :) .

Last edited:
Level 21
interesting idea, in wow you have to buy skills 1 by 1 and improve them

i think it can be like (cheap triggering)
buy a objet
users own of the trigerring unit owns something like that
conditions
objet equal to

action
add skill to hero:

i still have lot to learn about triggers but i think is very posible

It's quite easily possible, but the main problem is that added abilities start as level 1 and can't be decremented.

However, the engineering upgrade ability is designed to replace hero abilities, so it should work flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.