• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Buying Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am making an arena map. You can buy skills from trainers. But all abilities' maximum levels are 5. If you buy abilities, it's level increases. But if you buy 6 levels of 1 ability stats changes randomly and skill not works. So I made Stock Maximum = 5 and Stock Replenish Interval = 3600 (Maximum). But after 3600 seconds, You are beeing able to buy level 6. How can I fix it?

My triggers:
Shadow Strike
Events
Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
Conditions
(Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Shadow Strike
Actions
Unit - Increase level of Shadow Strike for (Buying unit)
Unit - Add Shadow Strike to (Buying unit)
Item - Remove (Sold Item)

Sorry for my terrible English :(

Level 24
Select Stock Replenish Interval, press Shift, and then press Enter. Make Stock Replenish Interval as many 9s as it will let you, and it will end up at something like 100000000 instead of just 3600.

And your English isn't bad.

Level 24
Hmm, considering the lack of netiquette and very obvious typos created through typing too fast, I'd have to say the chances of you actually hacking THW are very close to 0...

Here's a very clunky way of doing it, you'd need to add every ability they can learn into the end field. I suggest asking for help in the either the triggering or spell forum.
  • Remove Abil
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to [HIGHLIGHT]<Your fake Tome of Retraining>[/code]
      • Unit - Remove Acid Bomb from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Animate Dead from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove etc...
I'm not sure exactly how you'd go about doing this the right way, but have variables for all of the abilities a hero can learn. When a hero learns an ability, change the variable to show what ability it learned. Have an ability that does nothing on your fake tome of retraining (so that heroes can use it), and then remove all the abilities that the variables identify.

Level 24
You went through and added all the abilities heroes can learn? I'd assume there weren't too many, then. Good luck with the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.