• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Button Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am having issues with a button needing to be replaced by another button. I want an effect similar to when a troll headhunter becomes a berserker. When they are upgraded the headhunter button in the barracks disappears and the berserker one replaces it. My issue is that the button that is supposed to replace one, is available from the beginning. How do I get rid of this button, so it is only visible once the first one is upgraded?

Level 10
You dont even need triggers, just copy the original upgrade., if you dont know waht im talking about, in the upgrades tab of object editor, there is a place that you can edit upgrades in, if you look at the orcs upgrade for the troll headhunter -> troll berzerker, you can see how simple it is to do what you ask.

Level 3
Actually thats what I did. I basically copied the settings in the upgrade editor for headhunter to berserker. and everything works except that the button for the second tier unit is visible before the first tier is upgraded.

Level 18
Im not an expert when it comes to this but isnt it possible to make a trigger which makes the button come on the second tier and not the first one? and with the beserker thing itself do you got the same isue with that or does it work as you want it there? else if i were you if you do not need to beserker thing i would simply change it to whatever you want it to be. Hope that this helped you a bit.

Level 3
Its actually a building. And I already tried having the builder not be able to build it. When I do that the second tier never appears. Additionally, if you look, the troll berserker is buildable in the barracks. The button just changes after you upgrade it.

Level 3
Im replacing a building with a building. However I don't want to just upgrade a building, for example from a town hall to a keep. Instead, I want to research that will upgrade all present and future instances of the building to the second tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.