• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgradable Unit Not Working {like Troll Headhunter to Troll Berserker}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi, I want to make an Ogre that can be upgraded into an Ogre-Mage, just as the Headhunter can be upgraded into a Berserker. I created my custom units, copied the Berserker Upgrade and Ability and changed them into my units etc. When I was done I tested, and all worked, except that even when I had not upgraded to Ogre-Mage, the Mage's icon was still visible in my custom unit barracks, which of course I cannot accept. So I tried and tried and failed and failed, always the same bug. So I copied the Headhunter and Berserker, changed NOTHING on them, then I copied the ability / upgrade and just changed into my new version of Headhunter / berserker, on those two custom units I changed upgrade etc. into my custom ones. Still same bug, and that is with NO changes whatsoever. Can anyone help me, please?

Level 35
I agree. A trigger would be a waste of time, especially seeing as how the problem is simple to fix. You see, there's an ingame function that initially makes the Troll Berserker unavailable for all players. Basically, you just have to make your own function.

To do this, go to the Scenario tab of your editor. Go to Techtree Properties. Alter every player so that the Ogre Mage is unavailable. Once you done that, click ok and save. Test. Feel overjoyed that you have accomplished what you set out to do. Move on to the next phase of whatever you're doing.

Well, if there are any other problems, it's to do with something else, so just make sure that you have done your best to replicate the relationship between the Headhunter and the Berserker. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.