• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create a Upgrade Unit {doing a troll headhunter --> berserker system}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was working on my map until i came across a pause.. the troll headhunters turn into a berserker, what i was trying to do is turn a archer into a ranger. the upgrade worked and all, threw the abilities and upgrades for the berserker changing a few things but when i set my ranger into the barracks he still shows up i ONLY want him to show up in the barracks when the upgrade was researched..

Level 8
I don't think that's how Blizzard like to do it so here is no option for it to my knowledge.

You could, however, create 2 different barracks (1 with ranger, 1 without) then swap Barracks1 for Barracks2 when upgrade is researched.

Level 7
yea basically exactly what the troll headhunter does when he turns into the berserker thats what i want my "Archer=Headhunter" into "Ranger="berserker".. I may have this problem solved if so ill edit it for anyone who gets the same issue.

{EDIT}
yea i didnt get it to work the upgrade DOES transform the archer into the ranger but the rangers icon still shows up EVEN WHEN ITS NOT RESEARCHED.. basically all i am messing around with is the abilities and upgrades for "Berserker ". but no matter what i do i still have the Rangers icon in the barracks at the same time as the archer.. Also EVERYTHING DID WORK when i just swapped the elves with the trolls i just left the trolls in there original spots "not customs" and it did work out fine but the problem is i still need berserker for my trolls lol headaches lol... plz assist thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Oh didnt know that you need to put berserker there
WHAT?! stop being fag I didnt look at these things before
anyway I think its coded inside game so it doesnt show berserker by default
So I say make two triggers

Map initialization
Disable Rangers for all players

Unit finishes Research
if finished research is Rangers
Enable training/constructing of Rangers for Owner of Triggering Unit
Disable Training/constructing of Archers for Owner of Triggering Unit