• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Button Manager v1.8.2

This tool originates from here

Button Manager can create borders in wc3 style for specified file (files). Features:
- Supported file formats: *.bmp, *.jpg, *.tga, *.psd, *.blp, *.png;
- Processing multiple files;
- Importing multiple files in archive;
- Resizing images to 64x64;
- Support of non-standard borders.

Pros:
+ It supports alpha channel creating (for infocards, scorescreens or specific user borders);
+ It can save both in compressed and paletted BLP formats;
+ It has special features to make resulting BLPs even smaller;
+ It supports user created borders;
+ It can operate multiple icons with ease;
+ It has some settings to customize border applying;
+ It has user-friendly interface;
+ It can open BLP2 textures.

Cons:
- It works on Win compatible systems (and emulators) only.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: My antivirus says that this program is virus!
A: If your antivirus detects this program as trojan, you probably have McAfee, Comodo, eSafe or Prevx. They don't know anything about exe-optimization-by-hands and UPX. Therefore I recommend to change antivirus.

Q: What's all those BLP settings for?
A: Check butman_readme_eng.txt.

Change log for v1.8.2:
  • Extended PNG support
  • Fixed bug when saving icon with enabled transparency view
  • Fixed bug with incorrent saving in JPEG format

If you have found bugs or you have new ideas, feel free to post it in this topic.

Copyright © 2006-2010 Shadow Daemon (aka Spec).
Program uses SFMPQ.DLL by ShadowFlare

Keywords:
Button Manager, BLP, TGA, PNG, BMP, JPG, PSD, texture, infocard, scorescreen, import, border, icon wizard, swdn, spec
Contents

Button Manager v1.8.2 (Binary)

Reviews
14:10, 22nd Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: This is an awesome and useful to for creating icons.
Level 4
Simply the best. Lots of functions and easy to use.

It could be nice to add a option to transform a single icon via dragging and dropping in the program's window, without having to manually select origin and destination folders.

Anyway, it is still kinda better for mass border-rizing, so it's cool.

EDIT: Love the auto resize function!

Level 4
When I try to make the "Envenomed Weapons" icon a button instead of a passive, when I try to put the picture in the program the following shows up:
EDIT: The picture wasn't posted for some reason, so I am just gonna write it out: When I try to put a picture in the program, it says "Unsupported or incorrect file format". So what am I doing wrong? First time I put the picture in, the format was .png, that didn't work, so I tried .jpg and .jpeg, and none of them work. Same message everytime. So what am I supposed to do? You said .png, .jpg and .jpeg are all supported?!

Last edited:
Level 28
When I try to make the "Envenomed Weapons" icon a button instead of a passive
There is already a BTN version of that icon in the game if you haven't noticed yet : ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEnvenomedSpear.blp
When I try to put a picture in the program, it says "Unsupported or incorrect file format". So what am I doing wrong? First time I put the picture in, the format was .png, that didn't work, so I tried .jpg and .jpeg, and none of them work. Same message everytime. So what am I supposed to do? You said .png, .jpg and .jpeg are all supported?!
That's odd, I have never experienced this kind of bug before, what is the size of the image you are trying to convert?

Level 4
There is already a BTN version of that icon in the game if you haven't noticed yet : ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEnvenomedSpear.blp
Thanks, I didn't know.

That's odd, I have never experienced this kind of bug before, what is the size of the image you are trying to convert?
1.94 KB (1,988 bytes)

Last edited:
Level 1
I've encountered an error where I used an icon from WoW and the manager couldn't process it in 'button', 'passive', 'autocast', and 'disabled'. Whenever I tried clicking on these options a prompt with no text pops up

Image for reference:
HIVEERROR_zpser2kemt4.jpg.html

Level 28
I've encountered an error where I used an icon from WoW and the manager couldn't process it in 'button', 'passive', 'autocast', and 'disabled'. Whenever I tried clicking on these options a prompt with no text pops up

Image for reference:
HIVEERROR_zpser2kemt4.jpg.html
In what format are those WoW icons? By the way, you don't really need to export WoW icons to make them fit for wc3 when you can simply download those icons from the internet and use this tool to customize them.

Level 1
In what format are those WoW icons? By the way, you don't really need to export WoW icons to make them fit for wc3 when you can simply download those icons from the internet and use this tool to customize them.

That's what I did. They're in .png format. I was able to use a few of them without any problems, but for some reason I couldn't use the majority of it. They all have the same format

I tried to work around this error by directly copying the image and saving it as a new file, but it still wouldn't work. I tried saving it in .jpeg, and it still wouldn't work. I also tried taking a screenshot of the icon, cropping it and resizing it, then saving it as a new file, but it still wouldn't work.

Attachments

• HIVEERROR.jpg
    HIVEERROR.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 85
Level 5
That's what I did. They're in .png format. I was able to use a few of them without any problems, but for some reason I couldn't use the majority of it. They all have the same format

I tried to work around this error by directly copying the image and saving it as a new file, but it still wouldn't work. I tried saving it in .jpeg, and it still wouldn't work. I also tried taking a screenshot of the icon, cropping it and resizing it, then saving it as a new file, but it still wouldn't work.
I was able to resolve this exact issue by doing Tools->Fit to size 64x64

Level 7
I used another converter before and was so frustated because it flipped the pictures and made them blurry. I don't know why I didn't check for a new one until now, I thought it was an importing issue and not the converter itself. This converter has made everything easier, I wish I had this when I made a few of my own buttons which I deleted out of dissatisfaction and frustration because of the bad result from converting.

Level 5
Late Comment but it works on Win10 PRO~

i was worried about the con but i still gonna try it and it works normally <3