1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Burning_Wood_Golem.blp

Submitted by Skavenloft
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Hi everyone, here's my last creation - the burning wood golem.

This is the huge, primitive construction, made from massive wood logs and some iron scraps. The essence of powerful Infernus was sealed within this mass of wood and iron to give it a semblance of life. The hellish flames consumes it from the inside, and someday the entombed demon will be free again... But for now, this danger manifests only by the powerful, burning fists and heart of Burning Wood Golem.

I'm quite proud of it, it was a really pain in the ass to shade all this wood (rather) properly...
I hope you find this usefull:)

As always - it is 100% my own work (no CnP or googled textures, nor special brushes of any kind), no tablet (only mouse). Done witk Gimp 2.6, W3 Image Extractor and BLPLab. Enjoy:]

P.S. It is possible, to use this texture with a Flesh Golem (units\other\FleshGolem\FleshGolem.blp), but I do not recommend it. The whole body looks good, but the head is wraped in the other way than that of the Siege Golem, and "eye" looks bad.
If you really want to use this texture on the Flesh Golem model - PM me, I create better fitting version for you (I'm not going to submit it here because it is obviously too similar to this one;) ).

P.S.2 This texture looks great if you attach the flames special effects to fists and chest:) I do not show it on screen because it should show the basic texture without any addintions, I think. But if you want, I may post screens with attached flames - just tell me:)

Keywords:
golem wood burning glow cinder fire flames tree construct infernus demon iron forge steel siege
Contents

Burning Wood Golem (Texture)

Reviews
17:58, 27th Sep 2012 Kwaliti: Great work, fine details and quite useful! Approved.
  1. 17:58, 27th Sep 2012
    Kwaliti:

Great work, fine details and quite useful! Approved.

2. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  3. Maestros

Maestros

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is awesome! + rep!

4. Sin'dorei300

Sin'dorei300

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice 'n' creative! Gj on this! ;)

5. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thank you everyone, I'm really glad you like it:)

6. MrSN99

MrSN99

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice and useful!

7. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    xD i gotta say, this skin is hilarious, but in a good way

8. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure how the wood contains the molten lava, but it's cool regardless. 4/5.

9. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    @TLI-Inferno - I created this burning areas not as an burning lava, but as a burning wood, and I suppose the whole golem will be burned someday - read the backstory in the description;)

10. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok... this is awesome... I mean, awesome. I wonder how from the Pygmy Shammies you got this far... so soon. It's totally different. 5/5

Await +rep after I spread some.

11. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much, but to be honest - I don't think I get anymuch better since the Pygmy Shaman skin I submitted few days ago:wink: The true is that this is just a really simple unit to play with :wink:
    If you tell me to create a skin for i.e. a Paladine, it will be probably the crappiest thing youve ever seen, believe me :wink:

12. KaplanHorus

KaplanHorus

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Really nice skin !

13. Matarael

Matarael

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Brilliant idea, excellent execution.

14. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Amazing texture. It's a shame you chose such a low-quality model with a sucky wrap. I suggest you try a more 'mainstream' unit next time, like Arthas or the Tauren Chieftain. I think you could really do wonders!

15. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    or perhaps you could try texturing buildings like.. naga temple of tides

16. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think that there is a lot of great Arthas skins, same with the Tauren Chieftain, Blood Mage, Sorceress, Assasin and a lot of other popular/mainstream units/heroes. There is so many of them that I thitk they are a little bit overused, so I prefere to focus on other, not so popular skins...
    If I submit i.e. Tauren Chieftain skin now, a lot of people will say:
    "Oh, whatever - just another TC skin. I've saw this a thousand times before, and the one or the other was even better than this one here, so - meh, whatever..."

And from the other site - if I submit a nice, detailed skin for the Temple of Tides, someone may say:
    "Hey, that's a really refreshing stuff, did anyone try do rework this thing before..? Maby I could use this in my new map..? I should PM my friend, he was looking for something like this just a few days ago..."

And so on. So if I had to choose, I'd definitely take the less popular request - just to make it popular:D

17. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That all depends on your creativity. It's not the unit you're texturing, but what you are re-texturing it as.

However, some models, simply put, suck. Like the Child model. And the Golem models. That's why no matter how awesome your texturing skills are, the finished product won't look nearly as epic as the wrap.

18. Skavenloft

Skavenloft

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I agree with you, that great idea could make even the most overused and badly created model into a masterpiece:thumbs_up:
    But I cannot agree that Siege Golem model suck :ogre_rage: I think that it is really forgivable and simple to reskin model (eh, maby the head is a lil bit troublesome, but all w3 models have their flaws;) )... It is one of my favourites, I must say;)

19. Maestros

Maestros

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I will agree on the Child model, but i will disagree about the golem model.
    They are very nice, i like the very much also.
    However, i must say, that no matter how good the skin is, that model was not build for wood.
    Dont take me the wrong way, the skin is really great and the thought is original, but i dont think it fits the golem model : /