• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Burning Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Data - Full Damage Dealt: This damage is dealt to units within the AoE (defaults to 150).
Data - Full Damage Interval: How frequently the full damage is done (0.5 means twice per second).
Data - Half Damage Dealt: This damage is dealt to units once they leave the AoE.
Data - Half Damage Interval: How frequently the half damage is done.
Data - Maximum Damage: Any unit affected cannot take more damage that this from the fire. 0 means there is no limit.
Data - Duration - Hero & Normal: How long the targets burn for once they leave the area.

I am not 100% sure of the difference between full and half damage.

Level 37
Data - Full Damage Dealt: This damage is dealt to units within the AoE (defaults to 150) for Hero Duration
Data - Full Damage Interval: How frequently the full damage is done (0.5 means twice per second).
Data - Half Damage Dealt: This damage is dealt to units starting from Hero Duration until Normal Duration
Data - Maximum Damage: Any unit affected cannot take more damage that this from the fire. 0 means there is no limit.

Level 8
Data - Full Damage Dealt: This damage is dealt to units within the AoE (defaults to 150) for Hero Duration
Data - Half Damage Dealt: This damage is dealt to units starting from Hero Duration until Normal Duration

Wait, so what's the difference between Hero Duration and Normal Duration then?

Level 11
Hero Duration is how long the burning Oil stays if it hits a hero.
Normal Duration is how long the burning Oil stays if it hits a non-hero unit.

Level 37
Hero Duration is how long the burning Oil stays if it hits a hero.
Normal Duration is how long the burning Oil stays if it hits a non-hero unit.

Have you tested it or are you just guessing?

I used a timer to test it. I attacked a non-hero unit. The hero duration determined the full damage duration. Half damage was done after hero duration expired and was applied until normal duratuion expired.

Level 8
Have you tested it or are you just guessing?

I used a timer to test it. I attacked a non-hero unit. The hero duration determined the full damage duration. Half damage was done after hero duration expired and was applied until normal duratuion expired.

Does not work this way at all I have thoroughly tested it. Normal Duration is for units only and hero duration for heroes only, they do not combine.

I only have damage for full damage set at the moment, half damage is set to 0. Based on what is occurring so far, my theory is if normal duration is longer than hero duration, after the hero duration, only half damage will be dealt for the next X seconds where X is equal Normal duration - Hero duration.

So you know what settings I used to discover this i have both Hero and Normal duration set to 3.01 with half damage set to 0 and full damage set to 30. Only does damage to both types for up to 3 seconds. I will post my results after tinkering with half damage.

Level 8
Ok I was wrong about some things so let me just clear everything up right now, this is how it works for sure:

For hero duration it does full damage to both heroes and units.

Normal duration does half damage to both heroes and units BUT normal duration is not equal to the value you insert for normal duration. Rather normal duration is equal to the value you have for normal duration - hero duration. If the value you have for normal duration is equal to or less than hero duration, half damage will never be dealt. Normal duration does occur AFTER the hero duration is over for again, normal duration - hero duration seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.