• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Burning Oil removing siege damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I tried searching it as I thought it might be somewhat common, as I've seen it before, but I had no luck.

The problem is that when a player in my map (Azeroth Wars Legacy Reborn) researches Burning Oil for his Demolishers, they get well..screwy. Oftentimes when attacking they will inflict no siege damage at all, only the damage from the burning oil. But, this does not happen 100% of the time. Attacking random buildings I would find the attack would work on some but not others. Then if you attacked a previous building it worked on, it might not be working as before.

The only things I have changed related to the Demolisher's attack is the Area of Effect a Demolisher's attack has. Burning Oil remains unedited. I am able to go without it as I have in my latest version but I would prefer to have this in the game.

Level 23
The only things I have changed related to the Demolisher's attack is the Area of Effect a Demolisher's attack has. Burning Oil remains unedited. I am able to go without it as I have in my latest version but I would prefer to have this in the game.

In theory that could be the cause of the problem, many base spells in wc3 have strange quirks that make them screwy when customised.
Btw is the New AOE for the demolisher bigger or smaller than default?

Level 7
Well the splash damage from Full to Medium to Small is 25/30/90.

Only other things changed are button position, scaling value, collision, speed, food cost, and gold (and repair) costs. Techtree requirements are also absent.

The Burning Oil ability is completely unedited.

The Burning Oil upgrade has only its Techtree requirements changed. I have seen this problem before in the map Legends of the Second War. It wasn't fixed.

Well the splash damage from Full to Medium to Small is 25/30/90.

Only other things changed are button position, scaling value, collision, speed, food cost, and gold (and repair) costs. Techtree requirements are also absent.

The Burning Oil ability is completely unedited.

The Burning Oil upgrade has only its Techtree requirements changed. I have seen this problem before in the map Legends of the Second War. It wasn't fixed.

25/30/90 is pretty small...

Everything is scaled down. It deals appropriate damage in-game.

I recently downloaded NewGen again, so it's basically new. It happens both with and without map protection. I'll just see if copying the units or abilities works.

updated the jass helper? though I dont think that it was the prob...

Status
Not open for further replies.