• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Burning Archer

Okay, so I just hate the burning archer model. I hated it back in Classic when it was a pink skeleton (although there was a neat hidden skeleton archer on fire), and I hate it now when it's a low-poly hd pink skeleton. The silly spikes of the bow, the oversized pauldrons, the 2000x2000 low-res textures, everything. So I decided to make an actual optimised burning archer to replace the original model. (I've also done a similar thing with the wyrm, link below)

I've uploaded two variants:
-to import the standalone version, you just need to import it along the portrait and the diffuse and emmissive textures.
-to import the replaceable version, you need to import the portrait, diffuse and emmissive in the path: C:\Warcraft III\_retail_\units\creeps\burningarcher. The icon should go in C:\Warcraft III\_retail_\replaceabletextures\commandbuttons and the disbtn in C:\Warcraft III\_retail_\replaceabletextures\commandbuttonsdisabled. If you do that correctly, you should stop seeing the shitty pink skeleton in WE.
Previews
Contents

Burning Archer -replaceable version (Model)

Burning Archer -standalone version (Model)

Burning Archer icon (Icon)

Burning Archer Portrait - standalone (Model)

Burning Archer Portrait -replaceable version (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Got to approve this one here. It's not just a technical fix, but an aesthetical one with good textures and added PKB. What else is there to say, the burning archer burns now and looks like he's burning... I'll see myself out now.