• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Burned Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
When I turned on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite C650), it suddenly bursted and immediately shut off. I was like: wtf? and I raised it up and the water started coming out of it. Obviously someone spilt it and didn't fucking tell me... I immediately dissasembled it and dryed all parts with towel. There was that awful smell when I smelled it and it's all over it (makes me puke). When I turned it on, no smoke was coming out of the base of laptop. It's now in parts, drying in living room. How long should it be like that? And is there any chance of it to start working again? The HDD looks fine, not burned or damaged AFAIK. I looked into the parts and I didn't saw anything burned (or I don't recognize the burned parts) but the smell is still there :O

Level 18
how could that happen?

When I turned it on, it bursted (sound of small ''explosion''), and then I turned it sideways and water started coming out lol

if this problem is similiar to mine then there is..
i forgot but i think it's need 3-4 day for my laptop to start working again
and then the price is, i can't type A, F, G, J, L, P and some other keys..

Did your laptop bursted like mine?

I even lost my project..

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I've seen a laptop drink liquids several times before ultimately dying but every time, it became worse and worse. Initially, it had to switch to an exterior HDD. Afterwards, the quality just slowly decreased. It may still be usable but I doubt it'll be like before. In the future, if you spill something on a laptop, immediately take out the HDD, grab a towel, put it on the keyboard, close it and turn in upside down. leave it for around 10 mins.

Level 18
I've seen a laptop drink liquids several times before ultimately dying but every time, it became worse and worse. Initially, it had to switch to an exterior HDD. Afterwards, the quality just slowly decreased. It may still be usable but I doubt it'll be like before. In the future, if you spill something on a laptop, immediately take out the HDD, grab a towel, put it on the keyboard, close it and turn in upside down. leave it for around 10 mins.

I'll try to turn it on, maybe it starts working...

Level 35
I'll try to turn it on, maybe it starts working...

And we haven't heard of him since...

image.axd

Level 13
in my case, my laptop was splashed with water by my brother..
it is not burst like yours, and now it iss working
you should ask that someone what did he do to your laptop then you will know which part is broken..

Afterwards, the quality just slowly decreased. It may still be usable but I doubt it'll be like before
yes right, mine is also like that..
my laptop sometimes turned off by itself or sometimes the screen is blur

Status
Not open for further replies.