• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

which laptop is better???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPE68E8/?3242345&tag=viglink19302-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FU83YWS/?3242345&tag=viglink19302-20

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satel...ry/dp/B00KF1K752/?3242345&tag=viglink19302-20

Or maybe this but it has higher price http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00GYM8WYO/?3242345&tag=viglink19302-20

I want to buy laptop for my father. He really like to listening to music and watch video. It should be has minimum 2 usb slot and a dvd reader. And the laptop should has 4 giga. Can you recommend something better with less then 500$ if possible.

Level 5
From my experiences with Lenovo and HP, I would say HP is better of the two for those usages.
I have played games on both of these systems, and from what it seems, HP has always had the better performances, but this is before I even got to the tech savvy point in my life.
Digging through more research, I figured out what made the system better than the other.

Anyways, I think I would choose the first selection over the others since:
1. Toshiba, never go Toshiba... At least in my book.
2. Lenovo, I used this with my school assignments since my school required the usage of these laptops.. Way too slow at times, hard to work with.

If you can, maybe that higher priced laptop would be better of the two (you get what you pay for), but I didn't look at the specs, if you want and if its not too late, I may do this after you reply, but from what I see, HP is better out of these 3 companies.

So, yea definitely go for the first selection if its only for music and videos. It should work perfectly fine.

Level 15
Performance is dependent on the hardware inside the laptop, not of the little sticker on the back.

What OEMs like HP, Toshiba and similar affect, is the cooling and ease of dis assembly, oh and the looks.

So far from personal experience, Dell and HP are a nightmare to work with both in the terms of driver support and the ease of dis assembly. On the other hand, Toshiba and Asus Laptops proved to be much better in the terms of support and dis assembly.

Going bellow 500$, I suggest Asus T100 or Lenovo Mini Miix 2. Above 500$, the selection is pretty much the same. While I'm not really into Laptops, I can tell you something for sure, avoid ACER like the plague, they have some of the worst cooling on the market, hands down.

Level 5
Performance is dependent on the hardware inside the laptop, not of the little sticker on the back.

What OEMs like HP, Toshiba and similar affect, is the cooling and ease of dis assembly, oh and the looks.

So far from personal experience, Dell and HP are a nightmare to work with both in the terms of driver support and the ease of dis assembly. On the other hand, Toshiba and Asus Laptops proved to be much better in the terms of support and dis assembly.

Going bellow 500$, I suggest Asus T100 or Lenovo Mini Miix 2. Above 500$, the selection is pretty much the same. While I'm not really into Laptops, I can tell you something for sure, avoid ACER like the plague, they have some of the worst cooling on the market, hands down.

Hmm, I never had an issue with Drivers on both DELL or HP, I don't know what you have experienced in the past, but yea. I had no issues there. Even though you and I have different ideas, I would say on top of all the choices he has made, Asus is the way to go.
Asus has always proven to be promising from what I see.
(Friends own ASUS ROG laptops and standard ASUS laptops. I run my desktop off of an ASUS motherboard.)

Status
Not open for further replies.