• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Built-in abilities missing from editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 65
I-- am going to pull out my hair and eat it :D

Blizzard added an ability for the Knight called Sundering Blades, which was kind of nifty

I figured "Hey, new tools." and went into an older map to incorporate it.

Only... it's not there.

None of the older maps have the newer game data, and when I open, edit, and save a new map, I either can't import anything (Green checkered boxes) or I can't save at all

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking that my previous frankenstein was the problem (mixed up versions conflicting/not reading eachother) but nope!

What am I doing wrong?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I-- am going to pull out my hair and eat it
Trichophagia - Wikipedia
Call 119 now.
Blizzard added an ability for the Knight called Sundering Blades, which was kind of nifty

I figured "Hey, new tools." and went into an older map to incorporate it.

Only... it's not there.
You have to set the map options to latest melee patch. Note, it will change all your unedited object editor fields to the latest version's values.
None of the older maps have the newer game data, and when I open, edit, and save a new map, I either can't import anything (Green checkered boxes) or I can't save at all
Not sure about that but some textures and/or custom models aren't working right for some reason. They might have moved/changed the paths of some textures again.

Status
Not open for further replies.