• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Building protection spell issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Anyone know the issue?

The spell I'm using is voodo lounge which makes nearby units/structures invulnerable for the duration. Issue I'm having is the enemies are made invulnerable as well even though they aren't marked as the units allowed.

Level 5
Hi Rugarus,
By voodoo lounge I assume you meant Big Bad Voodoo, (Voodoo lounge is the orc shop).
The last time you had a problem like this you had a trigger that was effecting the spell so check your triggers.

Level 12
Hi Rugarus,
By voodoo lounge I assume you meant Big Bad Voodoo, (Voodoo lounge is the orc shop).
The last time you had a problem like this you had a trigger that was effecting the spell so check your triggers.
Yeah no, I disabled that trigger. Spell is firing but look at first post it's making the enemy units affected by the spell as well which I can't have for this game.

Level 12
Hence why we trigger spells.

• Eco
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -e as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -e as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Slayer P 0013 <gen> to Orc Shadow Hunter - Big Bad Voodoo
      • Hero - Set Slayer P 0013 <gen> Hero-level to 55, Hide level-up graphics
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 500000
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 500000
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to 500000
      • Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Food max to 500000
      • Player - Set Player 11 (Dark Green) Current gold to 500000
      • Player - Set Player 11 (Dark Green) Current lumber to 500000

Makes the other team invulnerable.

Level 12
Your ability works, dunno what was wrong with the one I was using. Must of messed with some property.

Ok well it works, but the issue now is I need it to not work on allies. If I uncheck friend it makes the enemy team invulnerable. So I guess I'll have to trigger this. But I have an idea to make every unit within X range invulnerable. But how do I detect if the unit who casted moves. Because normally this ability cancels if the unit moves from a stand still position casting orgin.

Level 12
Ok so I did it custom and it's working. My question now is, I removed the buff from the spell I was using: voodo lounge or whatever it is. But yet the spell still gives the invulnerability to the units. How can I remove all the effects of the spell yet keep the ability functioning so that the trigger registers that it casted?

Level 12
If I make it 0.01 it doesn't fire at all.

• Slayer ULT REMOVE LEAK
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ULTCurrentPos = (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Center of (Playable map area)))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Building Protection Final
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set ULTLocation = (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (Picked unit)))
                • If - Conditions
                  • ULTLocation Less than or equal to 150.00
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Add Invulnerable (Neutral) to (Picked unit)
                      • Unit - Remove Invulnerable (Neutral) from (Triggering unit)
                      • Unit - Remove Big Bad Voodoo buff from (Picked unit)
                      • Unit - Remove Big Bad Voodoo (Caster) buff from (Picked unit)
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Set ULTLastPos = (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Center of (Playable map area)))
            • If - Conditions
              • ULTCurrentPos Not equal to ULTLastPos
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Remove Big Bad Voodoo buff from (Picked unit)
                          • Unit - Remove Invulnerable (Neutral) from (Picked unit)
                          • Unit - Remove Invulnerable (Neutral) from (Triggering unit)
                          • Unit - Remove Big Bad Voodoo (Caster) buff from (Picked unit)
                        • Else - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
Removing the buff still doesn't remove the invulnerability it gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.