• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Use Berserk (item) instead of Bloodlust, then adjust the damage taken field for that ability so you don't take additional damage.
Set mana cost, cooldown etc. to whatever you like.

Level 5
If that is the case then the only thing I can think of is to give them item any unit cast ability and make it have no effect and then spawn a dummy to cast bloodlust on the target unit.

Level 5
All autocastable spells bug on items, they enable autocasting instead of casting it.
Edit: If one listens to sounds one might hear the autocast-feedback when clicking the item.
If what he is saying is correct you cannot use auto cast abiltiies for items.

Edit: If you're really that desperate to have bloodlust boots and don't want to bother with triggers then perhaps take the cripple ability and modify it to work like bloodlust. (Set the movement speed and attack speed reduction to negative values and change the buff to bloodlust instead of cripple etc). You won't get the unit size increase of bloodlust though but that's the best I can offer you without triggers.

Last edited:
Level 5
That ability only works if you aren't full HP tho right?
Yea true I forgot set it to another buff ability like anti magic shell but just r make it last like .1 seconds and remove the buff and alter the targets allowed.

Edit: There is actually a field in the healing salve ability that lets you allow it to be used even when health is full.

Level 12
Level 5
Give the item a custom version of unholy frenzy and set its duration to .1 seconds I tested unholy frenzy and it works.

Level 5
I was using the helm of battle thirst and replaced its berserk ability with unholy frenzy and it worked fine on my map. Upload your map
let me take a look please.

Level 12
I was using the helm of battle thirst and replaced its berserk ability with unholy frenzy and it worked fine on my map. Upload your map
let me take a look please.

omg look at this shit, a stupid trigger was the reason why it wasn't working

• Issued order
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of issued order) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True
          • ((Target unit of issued order) is A structure) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
          • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
FML LOL thanks for the help man!

Status
Not open for further replies.