• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to modify hero damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I've got an upgrade that is used to upgrade a hero's damage by 50. But can't seem to find that action anywhere, I've found level up, and all stats but not damage.

Also I've got a drop down building that summons when it's placed. Even though I set the construction time to 1 it still takes like 50 seconds to finish summoning. It uses the drop down building ability/item.

I can't find anywhere somewhere to make it insta summon.

Gyazo - 26334d52c506675c14c5d41027b4c4d6.png
Gyazo - 2e4c51d39024a84af5ca78a1df7f0e40.png
Gyazo - 9b83936fc5b2a50dc5c0b3f97f531f8d.png
Gyazo - 2e457d4e4637522db7814bc752ee5f94.png

Level 18
Try your hand at one of these snippets:
Add Basic Attack
CreateUnitWithProperties (Post #6 has important info for using this system)

The two snippets above use tomes to increase base damage (Item Cleanup)

There might be an upgrade that changes base damage like there is an upgrade for changing armor type. I do not know for sure. I will check.

Edit: Steel Melee Weapons and Steel Range Weapons are the two standard upgrades that increase base damage.

Edit: Actually, the base upgrade can be any. Just change the effect to Attack Dice Bonus.

I would use the upgrades since upgrades are the easiest to implement, but upgrades are permanent.
To circumvent this, you could use negative upgrades or kill it and recreate it.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
One can use tomes of attack to raise the base damage of a unit, both hero and non-hero. Be aware that although most tomes are consumed automatically on pickup, the tome item itself is not removed and hence can be considered as leaking unless explicitly removed using triggers.

Level 12
One can use tomes of attack to raise the base damage of a unit, both hero and non-hero. Be aware that although most tomes are consumed automatically on pickup, the tome item itself is not removed and hence can be considered as leaking unless explicitly removed using triggers.
Is there an action to auto pickup a tome once it's made? And is it possible to remove the FX that come with the tome? I'd check myself but not home atm.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there an action to auto pickup a tome once it's made?
Make the item and give to unit. If the unit lacks an inventory capable of using items, temporarily add one, give the items then remove.
And is it possible to remove the FX that come with the tome?
From the object editor, set the item model do nothing and remove all other effects.

This will not stop the item leak, one must still explicitly remove the item using triggers after use. This applies to all consume on pickup items.

Level 12
Make the item and give to unit. If the unit lacks an inventory capable of using items, temporarily add one, give the items then remove.From the object editor, set the item model do nothing and remove all other effects.

This will not stop the item leak, one must still explicitly remove the item using triggers after use. This applies to all consume on pickup items.
Where is tome of attack located? Can't find it in the object editor.

Edit: nvm thought it was in items. Found it.

Level 12
  • Damage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Vampiric Damage Upgrade
    • Actions
      • Hero - Create Damage Tome+20 and give it to (Triggering unit)
      • Item - Remove (Last created item)
Will this remove leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.