• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Building Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want my unit to build a building eg.Scout tower,but once it builds,it destroys straight away,it does not even get into Building... it just destroys straight away,even when i added the skill "repair(human)" to the unit.

How do i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Level 2
You mean, It directly destroys when u builded it, without attacking it?
Then u have put a mine under it =]

No really, thats just weird.
I don't even know how to make something like that.
And you do it without trying too =[.

><

Level 11
Is it just a scout tower or all buildings? Are they custom (and based on witch) or blizzard made? And is the building unit custom (and based on witch) or blizzard made?

All of thease are important. Answer, and I could give an idea.

Level 5
Is it just a scout tower or all buildings? Are they custom (and based on witch) or blizzard made? And is the building unit custom (and based on witch) or blizzard made?

All of thease are important. Answer, and I could give an idea.

The builder is a custom made model which is a woman,and the building is a farm but the model is changed to lantern which is a blizzard doodad model.

Level 18
there are several ways, I could think of, that causes this..

>> You got some trigger, similar to Archangel's post that destroys it, maybe some randomly created one, that wasn't in you mind, so check your triggers

>> The Tower has low HP and something in the closer environment destroys it, maybe some enemy unit, you don't remember or that's forgotten, that destroys it, or immolation or something like that, any ability or unit that could destroy it, because the tower gets destroyed "after" it was built..

>> It's just weird.. some kinda bug, try to redo this part or place it at another place, or make it invulnerable, just test some stuff, till you find the solution.. normally this won't happen just so.. there's propably a reason for this, try to find it

well theres a triger that says unit begins construction.
If what you are doing is trying to stop players from building in a region, it's simple

Events:
Unit finishes construction

Actions
If: (region contains point)"dontbuildhere contains "position of constructed structure"

Then:
Game message "dont build here"
Player - (add property) Add "Gold value" gold to owner of constructed structure
Player - (add property) Add "Lumber value" lumber to owner of constructed structure
Unit - Kill constructed structure

Else:
Do nothing

Level 9
You can't have a building with 1 hp. That's that.
You also can't have a building with 5 hp, that's what my building had when this happened to me.
Just raise it until it works right (I'm pretty sure 10 works fine!)

And if you absolutely must have a building that has 1 hp, multiply any damage in your game by 10.

Ive been misunderstanting your problem this entire time. If this is a map your editing, you should make sure there are no triggers causing this. If not, then... are there any abilities on the building?
I wouldnt understand why this is happening. Try copy pasting your building and changing some of the values. add that building and troubleshoot. It couldnt hurt a thing. Take a normal building and try and build in the same place

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I forgot to mention that the abilities they use must also be unedited.
If it still fails to build even with the objects unchanged it must be something in the gameplay constants (reset them and change them 1 by 1 until the bug occurs and note the option) or trigger related (disable all triggers and enable 1 by 1 until bug occurs).

Level 5
I forgot to mention that the abilities they use must also be unedited.
If it still fails to build even with the objects unchanged it must be something in the gameplay constants (reset them and change them 1 by 1 until the bug occurs and note the option) or trigger related (disable all triggers and enable 1 by 1 until bug occurs).

I've tried using a unedit peasent to build a 0 gold and 0 lumber scout tower cus u dont get resources in the game,it still destroys the tower.

so it's gotta be your builder. did you try it with a diffferent builder?
are you using a builder that is from a different race but moved into another?
like you started with a peon, then changed the race to human? because sometimes that causes interference. Wisps turned to human might be your problem. if thats the case, just set the builder to it's default race; it won't hurt anything.

Level 3
Sometimes the WE just creates these odd bugs in maps, which unfortunately cannot be fixed. I am not sure if this is one of them, but it really seems like it, so you might be better off trying to start again with a fresh new map. You said that your map is still at a very early stage, right? So starting again shouldn't be such a big problem for you.

If your building which is being built still blows up the moment it is completed - even on a new map - then I have absolutely no idea what is causing the problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Did you do everything I said, or even read it at all?

Get a peasant (unedited) to build a scout tower (unedited) when testing the map in single player where you can "greedisgood 1000000" the recrouces needed to build it for testing purposes. As this should definatly be able to build it, then that can be used to indicate if it is object related, or something else.
If it fails to build (still dies) then eithor a trigger is causing it, or else some change to the gameplay constants is.

If it builds fine, then you go about changing the paremeters to what you want one or two at a time until the bug appears, in which case you know how to fix it.

Also make sure the patch that WE is using for the default data is not causing it. If it still persists, try changing it to the lattest, or the unpatched data for WC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.