1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] Builder Paging

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Maddawg101, Dec 13, 2007.

1. wd40bomber7

wd40bomber7

Resources:
    Resources:
    You cant change order ids for abilities. It says you changed it, but its lying. It will still use the same orderid! There are only a few abilities that can actually change order id's Channel & spell book.

2. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Extra Spellbooks

Is it possible to make a whole new spellbook for each building, and just force player key when the spell book is opened???

That way the spellbook ID's inside your builders spellbook will make it seem as if you ordered it to build a different building

*spellbook1
    Is displayed to the user as the secondary menu

*spellbook2
    There is one for every extra building, and is inside spellbook1

*building spell
    Each spellbook2 has one of these, and the force-key action makes it seem as if there isn't a second spellbook

3. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't even get how to change the OrderIDs... I see them in the ability menu but am not sure how it all works together and how come spellbooks work for regular spells but not building spells then?

4. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats only the case if you make an action "Unit - Order unit to [cast your spell]".

If the player casts the spell changed IDs DO work.

And Maddawg101, try changing the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn on".

5. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I've been messing around with the
    Data Base Order ID, Text Order String Use/Turn on, and Text Order String Activate
    None of them work as I wanted them to. The closes I got was when the Data Base Order ID was build and then I had 2 build menus but the same buildings in both
    So to recap I have three abilities, spellbook, build buildingA, build buildingB
    I can open the spellbook and both icons are there but unit being actually made is always whatever ability comes first in the spellbook.
    I hope that makes more sense

6. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nobody really answered my question,

But I know for a fact if you do what I said (spellbook ID's change w/o problem)
    Then you could at least get a menu that has more than one building (it probably won't be too pretty, but it'll show up + can be used)

7. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the thing is you can only really use one building each time so you could keep doing spellbooks inside of spellbooks but at the end thered only be one building.

8. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exactly

One spellbook per building

This way when you build it, it builds only that specific one in that spellbook

Here

THE first spell book, is for the user to see

Then, you wanna build buildings, SO

You create ONE MORE spellbook, give it a random Order ID

Add a "Build Tiny Castle" (or whatever your custom build spell is)
    To the last created spellbook

So now, you have the spellbook that shows up to the player
    One inside of that
    And the custom abile inside the second one

Now we create YET ANOTHER spellbook

Add your second build spell to it

NOW

When the user clicks the spellbook thats shown to him, there are two spellbook icons, when he clicks either one of them, there is ONLY ONE build ability in it, BUT he can use it w/o worrying about it not working

The point of the second level of spellbooks is to separate the build spells

I'm not 100% sure if you can, but you can use a GUI function called "Force Key", so when the user opens the second layer of spell book, it automatically starts the spell inside, making it *seem* as if there is only one spellbook

I'm not sure, but maybe you can check for the spellbook open using starts the effect of an ability, but I really don't know

The user could still technically see the second menu if they click "cancel"

Anyway, the point is it IS possible to separate the building spells without messing too much with the Order ID's

I like Dragoons way of doing it, simply adding the desired spell
    But, he wasn't 100% clear on how to do it

9. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot everyone I got what I wanted it wasn't exactly how herman said but its works just as well if not better

10. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can I see it?

Could you by any chance send it to me???

I really wanna see it, I have never seen a secondary menu b4 :wgrin:

You could post it here if you'd like, just go to "Manage Attachments" in the reply menu, click it, go to browse, find your spell and click upload :thumbs_up:

11. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Its not really a second menu inside of the other one because having two different build menus is just as good because I can switch between them with a dummy unit. So I like it better, because with the second menu there was still problems of showing the cost of buildings and although I could subtract with triggers the two menus is great. :wsmile:

12. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oooooooooooooooh

I see

You just added a second build spell ??? (Like Orc + Human instead of just Human)

13. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    No that doesn't work I replace the unit through an ability with a dummy unit and then their build menus are different

14. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    OH!!!

Lol, thats much better

Do you use the "Force Key" ???

15. Maddawg101

Maddawg101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope I got really pissed and ditched what I was doing halfway through then the unit switching worked better than I hoped.

16. Herman

Herman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice

Could you send me the map anyways, so I could see it???

17. raft_pl

raft_pl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    People... There is a very simple method to solve this problem. Just make an AOE spell with short casting range inside a spellbook, when you use the ability, a dummy unit appears and starts building. Just add few actions that will force the casting unit to stay and build...

(Hope no one said that before? Didnt read the whole thread [cause some posts were just a wall of text])

@GhostWolf
    Changing Order ID`s doesn`t work when a player is casting a spell. I tried it, created few abilities based on the same one, when i clicked on one of them, the rest activated too...

18. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    raft, yes I checked it too, didn't work.
    Weird since I remember changing abilities order IDs and they did work back then.

And I thought of that long ago, just how would you tell the dummy what building to build ?

19. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You make the dummy a worker and add buildings to the buildinglist?

20. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Would be easier to just replace units.
    I think its the easiest solution here actauly.