• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BUGS if Bouncing Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
These are the bugs that i want to get rid. especially the #5, the 1 hit/ half hit bug. (Even though a hero, and illusions they can 1 hit it)

1. Bouncing between the same targets is impossible. In wc3 dota if another attack was made before the bounce has chosen its target, it could bounce to the same target that was attacked. Yes, that could also be described as a bug ("WC3 bug") but without that, Unit/Tower loses some lategame scaling.
2. Glaives choosing targets randomly in aoe instead of going for the closest target (not scripted as intented)
3. Not bouncing to the magic immune targets (obvious bug)
4. Glaives using base damage instead of total damage.
5. Glaives using unreduced base damage even on illusions (create any illusions and the glaives damage will one hit all if the unit is more than one)

Last edited:
are these for wc3 in general or just DotA???

1) never experienced
2) I won't call it a bug... it just that the makers of wc3 made it to work differently that what you want it to be
3) maybe coz the attack is magic type, or maybe because of something else
4) I don't seem to experience that too...
5) Illusions normally take more damage
6) yeah

Anyway, these seems like DotA issues, in which case, bring it to the DotA team, not here... you can probably go to playdota and post that there...

Level 6
are these for wc3 in general or just DotA???

1) never experienced
2) I won't call it a bug... it just that the makers of wc3 made it to work differently that what you want it to be
3) maybe coz the attack is magic type, or maybe because of something else
4) I don't seem to experience that too...
5) Illusions normally take more damage
6) yeah

Anyway, these seems like DotA issues, in which case, bring it to the DotA team, not here... you can probably go to playdota and post that there...

i also Experienced it on my map..
i add additional number of targets.
so that the attack will bounce,
But when the unit/tower attacks, it choosing targets randomly in aoe instead of going for the closest target. and also when the boss comes up..
the unit/tower have glaive can 1 hit it.
the boss have 1000hp and the unit/tower have 16-25 dmg.
if the enemy unit/Boss is more than 1, the tower can kill it instantly.
maybe because of the bounce effect.
can you explained what happen ?

Bouncing attacks by default does that, which I think is hardcoded into it... so as I said, it's not a bug, but rather just the makers of wc3 made it to work differently than what you want... so it's not a bug...

Depends on a lot of factor... damage has lots of considerations you know... like armor, damage type, damage amount, damage reductions, damage set-up (like factors for bounce damages), scripts modifying damage etc... so unless we know how exactly you set it up, then we won't know why yours do 1 hit...

btw, as Wazz said, this doesn't belong to site discussion... because site discussion is for discussions about the site itself

Level 12
1. Bouncing between the same targets is impossible. In wc3 dota if another attack was made before the bounce has chosen its target, it could bounce to the same target that was attacked. Yes, that could also be described as a bug ("WC3 bug") but without that, Unit/Tower loses some lategame scaling.

This is the only thing that can be adjusted using the weapon type Missile (Bounce).
Set the gameplay constant "Gameplay - Allow Multiple Bounces Per Unit" or "AllowMultiBounce" in raw date to false so that it gets the pink text color.

The rest can not be adjusted and needs to be triggered if you want it.

Last edited:
Level 15
How hard can making a bouncing attack be? Blizzard's pretty much done it in every RTS since Starcraft Broodwar, and there were no bugs with the Mutalisk glaive worm as far as I know. And that attack bounces twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.