• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] [BUG] Undead cannot build on Blight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I made a melee map in whic the UD cannot build on blight (???) and I wonder how this bug can be fixed.
I googled this problem and some people say it's because of the haunted goldmine's blight that is not working, but I build a necropolis far from the haunted gold mine and its blight is also not working. it says "may only summon on blighted ground".
it doesnt matter single player or multiplayer, sometimes is working for some players, sometimes it's not workign for some players....

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes, in width is 480
Blight does not work with such large maps. There was a reason Blizzard limited maps to 256x256 (or similar) in the standard editor until recently.

You have 3 choices.
  • Hope Blizzard patches Blight for Reforged allowing it to work with such large maps. For now and until then the bug would keep existing which might be bad for playability.
  • Do not depend on Blight for gameplay. Undead can build everywhere and other races can place on Blight. If Blight does not work does not matter under such mechanics.
  • Reduce the map dimensions to 256x256 or such that Blight operates correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.