• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Buff on structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
How do I make so that structures can have buffs on them? I made a dummy spell to attatch a buff to a structure in the project I am currently working on and the buff wont be attatched to the structure but to any other none structure unit.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Question reopened!
I did Is A Building - False and that totally messed up the pathing. Is there any way to fix the pathing or is there another way than setting Is A Building - False to enable it to have buffs?

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Mr Bean987
That is not my problem. I am fully able to cast the spell on the unit, however the buff which should be attatched to the target of the spell is not attatched to units which has Is A Building = True.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If my experience playing Tower Defenses serves me right then buildings can have buffs. The most common are command and endurance aura used to increase tower damage.

A work around for the pathing problem you are having is to create a dummy building under the actual building. The dummy building cannot be selected and has no real visual manifestation and only acts to modify the pathing. Blizzard used this in one of their Tower Defenses to make hero towers.

Level 31
the buff which should be attatched to the target of the spell is not attatched to units which has Is A Building = True.
If I have Is a Building = False I cannot attatch buffs to the unit.
I don't understand, which one is true?

Perhaps you could create a unit with Is Building - False (if True do not allow buffs), and tick Combat - Target As - Structure, then set requirement for that spell to Structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.