• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Buff Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Gah. Why do Warcraft III editor hate me?

I've made a ability with matching buff, based on Unholy Aura. The problem is the icon won't show up in the status field 95% of the time. Any idea what might be causing this?
Edit: The targets allowed is: Self, Structure, Vulnerable, Invulnerable

Attachments

• Dude wheres my buff.jpg
    Dude wheres my buff.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 135
I can't be bothered having this discussion again with you defskull. So, if you're gonna get upset, please alert me with VMs. (Look at this)

Now, it would affect the hero EVEN if somehow he managed to make the hero into a building by accident, "The targets allowed is: Self, Structure, Vulnerable, Invulnerable", so again, I doubt that's the problem.

Level 7
The range of the aura is 900. the units ain't invisible or anything like that.
What's weird is that the effect applies (the aura starts showing under my hero (who isn't a building)) but the buff icon won't show up in the status field.
The ability is based on the Unholy Aura.
The buff is based on the Unholy Aura buff.

Ohhhh, so you're trying to say that the target should be 'Ground', not 'Structure'? Yes, now defskull may be right, the may not appear because you've set the targets of the aura to Structure(which works for buildings), not Ground (which works for ground units).
The reason why your hero has it, is because you also added 'Self'. So, add 'Ground' to your targets and see if that works.

Level 7
they aren't? darn it. my hero ain't a structure though, it should show at him. well, the point of the aura is that i want it to apply to himself and his Lava Spawn-based units (dragons), but noone else... as structure screws my idea, any idea what i might try instead? i can change all units to be able to attack air if neccesary, but i'd prefer not to as i got a BIG bunch of units...
Edit: i mean i can change the Lava Spawn/Dragons "targeted as" to air, and then change all units to be able to attack air. But would the aura apply to both him and the dragons if "allowed targets" were Air, Self?

Status
Not open for further replies.