• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating EMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am currently creating and EMP-like ability using stun as a base ability. But the problem is that stun doesnt work on structures... and i couldnt find anything in the constants. :/

I tryed using slow poison for structures and stun for units, but slow poison doesnt completly pause the unit.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stun structures? (without making them units)

Level 3
You could use a trigger like the following that selects all units in whatever the radius of the EMP is and disables them for the duration of the EMP.
The below example has range 300, time 10, and uses pause. Alternatively you might be able to use the Sleep function instead. If the functionality of sleep or pause is unsatisfactory, you could substitute them with adding/removing abilities to the units which in some way disable or stop them.

• EmpStunBuildings
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • TempInteger Equal to 0
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to EMP
    • Actions
      • Set LeakEMPPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set LeakUnitGroup = (Units within 300.00 of LeakEMPPoint)
      • Set TempInteger = 1
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in LeakUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_LeakEMPPoint)
      • Countdown Timer - Start EMPTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
  • EMPTimer
    • Events
      • Time - EMPTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in LeakUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_LeakUnitGroup)
      • Set TempInteger = 0

Level 9
ya but..

One thing i may have failed to mention is that like bash, large volumes of units will be using it. So perhaps a dummy set-up is out of the qeustion. I will look into using a system that adds the bashed state to a unit once it is attacked by an unit that has the emp ability... but who knows how successful ill be.

EDIT: I am interested in the frost bolt technique.. now the question is, how do i get a unit to autocast a targeted ability everytime it attacks?

Last edited:
Level 5
Use the Frost Wyrm Ability (activates on Buildings), and then Use a separate Bash ability (activates on Units) with 100% chance and 0 Bonus damage.

EDIT: I didn't see your post above me cause firefox stopped at the one before
1. Don't double post use the edit
2. No need to credit me, but if you want to go ahead.
3. So the frost wyrm breath works on units too? thats nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.