• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNWardenEvasion

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An alternate icon for Blizzard's "Evasion" Ability.

Enjoy.

Tooltip
Maiev blurs her body to the extent that physical attacks pass through her. Increases evasion rate by a percent.

Version 1.0 - First Version
Version 1.2 - Icon Change
Version 1.3 - Removed majority of the glow

Keywords:
warden,maiev,nightelf,evade,evasion,shadowsong
Contents

BTNWardenEvasion (Icon)

Reviews
09:34, 4th Oct 2015 Apheraz Lucent: This one requires a little bit more work to get approved. First of all, when thinking of a blur, I personally imagine a very dark theme. The purple haze lines should be removed to achieve that atmosphere, as they...

M

09:34, 4th Oct 2015
Apheraz Lucent: This one requires a little bit more work to get approved. First of all, when thinking of a blur, I personally imagine a very dark theme. The purple haze lines should be removed to achieve that atmosphere, as they only distract the eye from the main object, which is the Warden here.
The shadows should fade gradually, and currently, the middle and last one seem to be of same opacity.
Last but not least, the Warden herself could do some extra touch-ups. She doesn't fit with the sharp and outlined warcraft style, you could try to define her outlines a little bit more and play with the results.

Level 21
You're welcome

Yeah,I know that can be painfully irritating,I tried making icons before xD I'm actually fascinated with any art but I lack the skill and patience to make my own

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The head feels very small, in m opinion.

Maybe try to make the shape look more natural:
tumblr_nj6b8rGL3N1tgdvq7o1_500.jpg

Level 12
The head feels very small, in m opinion.

Maybe try to make the shape look more natural:
tumblr_nj6b8rGL3N1tgdvq7o1_500.jpg
yeah, the head seems off.

In my first 2 hour attempt in making this icon, everything went perfect but then just when im about to save, gimp crashes.. It was like my soul leaving my body.. So i decided to just made this as fast as i can yet it still took me 2 hours:ogre_frown:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

2 hours are quite normal for an icon, good icons can take a lot more than 6 hours.

Just take the time :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I think the glow implies that there is a light source in the background, being deep purple, whereas there isn't such.
I guess you added it to make the shape come out, didn't you, BETABABY ?

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

looks cool actually.

but for me, it's quite blurry.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The warden looks awesome, but the purple glow, no, just no.

I suggest to try the following:
The first warden is very dark due to the shadow at its right half of the face. If you make the left side of the second warden's face bright, then it should be fine without a glow.