• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNReinforcedLeatherBoots

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
A pair of simple leather boots reinforced with plated toe protection.

Update 1:
-Added some contrast

Update 2:
-Did some work on the shading
-Made a clearer outlining on the back of the boot
-Made the rims curve a little more

Keywords:
Leather, boots, reinforced, plated, toe, rugged
Contents

BTNReinforcedLeatherBoots (Icon)

Reviews
23:15, 21st Jul 2014 Sin'dorei300: What's bugging me is the white outline of the metal part, it stands out 2 much from the rest.

M

23:15, 21st Jul 2014
Sin'dorei300: What's bugging me is the white outline of the metal part, it stands out 2 much from the rest.

Level 7
Looks a little weird with the toe part bulging and the upper part having texture like brick wall. Can u turn the boots a little right to give them an angle or maybe flatten the toe part and elongate maybe. I hope u can make the heels part stick out a little bit and give the impression that it narrows from the heels towards the front.

Looks a little weird with the toe part bulging and the upper part having texture like brick wall. Can u turn the boots a little right to give them an angle or maybe flatten the toe part and elongate maybe. I hope u can make the heels part stick out a little bit and give the impression that it narrows from the heels towards the front.

It's a fantasy boot. Oversizing is part of that. The brick wall is two strap rims with laces behind.
I like the bulkyness of the boots in general.
But thank you for the comment.

Now i see it. Can u maybe make it stand out a little bit? have u tried making the heel part steel? i just got the idea.

Hmm I'm not sure I can.
I have thought about merging the two strap rims into one big. But I'll have to think about it.
I would like to keep the boot as leathery as it is now. However I could make an "upgraded" boot with more metal. And perhaps one with none at all.

Level 7
I have thought about merging the two strap rims into one big. But I'll have to think about it.
I would like to keep the boot as leathery as it is now. However I could make an "upgraded" boot with more metal. And perhaps one with none at all.
Ok :) U can make all icons u want. I will look all of them and hopefully give u a little about what i get after looking the icons

The artistry is good, but (especially compared to the Boots of Swiftness & Boots of Elven Agility linked in your other boot-icon-thread), it lacks contrast & depth; almost looks 2D. :<

I'm not sure what I can do. But I kinda agree.
To be honest I think the version in post 2 is better overall :S
Well maybe not, better. But the shape somehow seems better.