• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNPixieDust

Pixie Dust: A rare type of magical dust which pixies naturally produce. It doesn't allow you to fly, unfortunately.

Icon maded special for Clash for the Sacred Cheese project

Keywords:
Pixie, Dust, Potion, Fairy, Magic, Dream, Pink, JollyD
Contents

BTNPixieDust (Icon)

Reviews
09:05, 14th Aug 2013 enjoy: Wow.. This is.. girly? :D Well, looks neat. Might be useful.

M

09:05, 14th Aug 2013
enjoy: Wow.. This is.. girly? :D Well, looks neat. Might be useful.

Level 8
The potion seems very blurry and pixelated.
The background is also very bright and takes away focus from the main object.
It also seems very monotonous. The glass also doesn't look very 3D, rather flat and a bit out of proportion though the idea has potential, I hope you tweak it a bit.

Level 30
The potion seems very blurry and pixelated.
The background is also very bright and takes away focus from the main object.
It also seems very monotonous. The glass also doesn't look very 3D, rather flat and a bit out of proportion though the idea has potential, I hope you tweak it a bit.

yeah i am still not very good with potions, i will try

Level 28
Hey Jolly, just rating another icon to see the results, I hope you don't mind.

The SyStEMmm works like that - I give you points from 0 to 1 for each of the 10 .. things an icon can have. Then I divide the result in two and add +1 since the SyStEMmm is quite cruel (and because every icon starts from 1. WOW)

1. Idea - 1
  2. Positioning - 0,8
  3. Perspective - 0,6
  4. Coloring - 1
  5. Color Opposition - 0,5
  6. Color Gamma - 0,8
  7. Warcraft Style - 0,7
  8. Shape of Object(s) - 0,6
  9. Highlights and Shadows - 0,8
  10. Quality - 1

Idea - A very unique idea, indeed.

Positioning - Not so centered, but, it's good enough.

Perspective - Normally, I would say you can't ask for perspective in potions cuz they are round. But this one isn't... Maybe the idea was to not have perspective but it still could have used a little :)

Coloring - Amazing coloring.

Color Opposition - Not much really. It's too pinkish.

Color Gamma - It's good cuz the pink at places moves from pink to red (in the atmosphere).

Warcraft Style - Well, I guess it could fit with the other war3 potions.

Shape of Objects - Well argh.. the shape is.. it's not really good. The star part of it is a bit.. off.

Highlights and Shadows - It is good on the top of the potion and the star doesn't need shadows since it's some.. liquid thingy.

Quality - Great quality! Not much to say about it ;D

Sum: 7,8 (Damn not again 7.8)

7,8 ÷ 2 = 3,9

3,9 + 1 = 4,9

Rating by SyStEMmm: 4,9
+0,20 from me (cuz I friggin love this. Even if it's a bit girly as enjoy said xD)

= 5,10

My personal opinion: 5,10 is good for this icon. What's bothering me is that the SyStEMmm always gives similar, if not exactly the same, results. I think I'll have to review other icons to further see how it works.

MOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited: