• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNLightningOrb

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hey this is the Orb Of Lightning! This is completely freehand and it is loosly based off of General Franks awesome Lightning orb: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=106244&prev=search=orb&d=list&r=20

So give him credits for the idea, and credits for me for my icon. I have not asked if i could make this icon, so if im not aloud to do that then im so sorry i did not know (im still nooby at this site), if im not aloud ill ask him. Anyway tell me what could be improved, i plan on doing all orbs im starting the blood orb right now infact.

Keywords:
orb, lightning, light, awesome, blood, emo, stuff, undead, orc ,human, night, elf, elves, you, lol, weird, cool, chicken, some, thing, to, do, with, k
Contents

BTNLightningOrb (Icon)

Reviews
11:17, 20th Dec 2008 Hawkwing: You need to thicken the lines and add some shading, otherwise it just looks like you randomly scribbled everywhere. Keep trying. Paladon: "kingbdogz: Approve Because the lightning and orb effects are very detailed...

M

11:17, 20th Dec 2008
Hawkwing: You need to thicken the lines and add some shading, otherwise it just looks like you randomly scribbled everywhere. Keep trying.

Paladon:
"kingbdogz: Approve
Because the lightning and orb effects are very detailed and nicely shaded."
Self-minimodding and no changes made.

Level 30
lol thanks for rising my confidence in icon making :thumbs_up: jks jks, seriously though how would i do better lightings? i pretty much use dodge hightlights and transparent paint, im not too skilled with ps so i need some advice.
Dodge and burn is BAD.
look up the icon tutorial made by CR, also check out the video he made. It really shows how to make items with effects on em.

Level 30
While dodge and burn can be very good tools it really matters how you use them.
Tut <- Here is a tutorial I made for a different game to make textures. All I used pretty much was dodge\burn.
I suggest going with whatever CrazyRussian tells you, he is awesome.
that's just weak. >.>
i like this icon more.
now work on it so it looks like something.