• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNheart

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Hi! This is my first icon, it was made in Gimp. Please tell me what I have done good and what I can still improve. Thanks (for future :p)!

This icon shows heart, you can see some little veins. It has the nasty pink colour which makes the heart look like fresh flesh. It can be used as icon of spell/ability or item.

Sorry for my weak english :(.

Keywords:
heart, organ, nasty, pink, vein, veins, flesh
Contents

BTNheart (Icon)

Reviews
18:20, 11th Jun 2009 zombie2279: Do not upload the same resource twice.

M

18:20, 11th Jun 2009
zombie2279: Do not upload the same resource twice.

Level 18
I think the key to making this icon better is what was said 'making is bloody', is actually just using multiple types of red. Right now, you've probably used only 1 light red. Use some darker and mid-red as well. Check if you can find some images of real hearts instead of schematic ones and you'll see there are a lot of different reds there, including veins.

Level 2
I just drew something with brush, black colour. Then I used the smudge tool, and I made the shadows with dodge & burn, and I also used the tool that blure and sharpen (I blure it). Then I made new layer which was red, I did the veins - thats it!