• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNGrabPeon

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Just another icon I've made because of someone request :D

Feel the Nature's Wrath !!!

Keywords:
Grab, Brutal, Throw, Ancient, Nature, Wood, Forest, Devastate, Death.
Contents

BTNGrabPeon (Icon)

Reviews
15:53, 14th Jul 2014 Sin'dorei300: Try to distinguish better the "hand" holding the peon - from the peon's body. 23:28, 21st Jul 2014 Sin'dorei300: The tree's hand has a bit too much details, which make it look unnatural. Also the wooden hand...

M

15:53, 14th Jul 2014
Sin'dorei300: Try to distinguish better the "hand" holding the peon - from the peon's body.

23:28, 21st Jul 2014
Sin'dorei300: The tree's hand has a bit too much details, which make it look unnatural. Also the wooden hand needs proper shading, and needs to stand out more from the peon.
Additionally, the green outline it's a bit distracting.

Roland

R

Roland

Hilarious, Magnificent, Elegant and Cartoonish.
That's all I can say, I don't need an explanation that's why I'm darn speechless :D Great job Rej!

I am giving this a 3/5, because of the same outline you do for every single icon. This is too cartoon-ish, over-defined and poor backround made from the same color. The least I could give you would be 2/5 if you keep up in this style. :?
This icon is requested by rulerofiron for his project ancient protector.
I thought you don't understand the purpose . You know why ?? Because the purpose of this icon is for "ancient protector ability" ... I used the same method, I used green background to fit with other spells (Like the NAture seed)....
Look some warcraft 3 default icon, they are very cartoonish but still good ...

You applied your own taste for reviewing an icon ....

Roland

R

Roland

I am giving this a 3/5, because of the same outline you do for every single icon. This is too cartoon-ish, over-defined and poor backround made from the same color. The least I could give you would be 2/5 if you keep up in this style. :?

You literally offended Sigelang :'( Why? We love this guy, He makes good Icons :< He's just trying to improve, that's all he wanted.

Level 49

2/5? are you cereal? i've seen some shitty icons that got higher ratings that didn't even deserve it.

This icon is requested by rulerofiron for his project ancient protector.
I thought you don't understand the purpose . You know why ?? Because the purpose of this icon is for "ancient protector ability" ... I used the same method, I used green background to fit with other spells (Like the NAture seed)....
Look some warcraft 3 default icon, they are very cartoonish but still good ...

You applied your own taste for reviewing an icon ....

My review was perfectly clear, the icon could be better. Warcraft 3 icons are way more better than these "nature" outlined and too much defined icons that have poor background and a very comical style that does not fit-in. I am giving you criticism so that you could improve, I also don't care about any project or request that was based on; you drew this icon and my review is based on it.

peon.gif
icons_17473_btn.jpg
icon.gif

A little comparison on the terrible style, your icon is in the middle.

Level 49
My review was perfectly clear, the icon could be better. Warcraft 3 icons are way more better than these "nature" outlined and too much defined icons that have poor background and a very comical style that does not fit-in. I am giving you criticism so that you could improve, I also don't care about any project or request that was based on; you drew this icon and my review is based on it.

peon.gif
icons_17473_btn.jpg
icon.gif

two thumbs up for mr. constructive.

peon.gif
icons_17473_btn.jpg
icon.gif

Those icon is for unit ... Spell and Unit icon's is very different to each other , don't compare unit icon into spell icon ... Some unit icon from warcraft are "screenshot" only .

Level 25
I'm probably biased in this because I requested the icon, but anyway:

This icon's greatest strength is the facial expression on the Peon. This emotion helps to describe what is happening in the icon, without this expression the icon could easily be confused with a peon being trapped underneath some branches.
The comical style is what allows this facial expression to be so effective. If it was a little more "serious" like regular warcraft icons, it would lose much of its impact and entertainment value.

I'm slightly inclined to agree with the point about the background being subpar, but if used along with similar icons, it works. The green background fits the colour scheme of a nature-based hero.

@ everyone else:
No need to be angry at genin32. Criticism is useful as it helps us improve our resources and gives us better perspective. I don't think he was being rude, he was just giving his honest opinion.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
I kinda agree with genin about the background. It indeed is very greenish. However as some one here mentioned it is meant to fit the other icons of the unit (which are green aswell) so I can't see point making the background blue then.

Side note: are peons ears really that tall? (Can't remember.)

An idea: I personally don't like the green background so I got idea if you could make the green only around peon and instead of the large glow you could add some leaves falling on the background, you know if ancient protector is angry, there shall be leaves falling as well. =>

Level 25
35cg2gj.png

I made this in a few minutes just to show you how this icon should look like, but of course this is your icon and I am just reviewing it..

It wouldn't be fair for me to judge these examples this example, but since you say "should look like", here are my criticisms:
  • Visually, it's too busy. Treant all over the place instead of one defined hand, an exclamation mark, a conflicting background that would suggest we're underwater or in the sky.
  • I can't tell exactly what is going on. Obviously I know what the icon is trying to represent because of the rest of this thread, but without that knowledge I would have no idea what this icon is.

The middle one that you removed was perhaps the best, but I don't know why it was so blurred.

so I got idea if you could make the green only around peon and instead of the large glow you could add some leaves falling on the background, you know if ancient protector is angry, there shall be leaves falling as well. =>

That's a pretty good idea.

You're so difficult sometimes. That's highly critical and awful. You should apologize to sigelang!

Last edited:
You're so difficult sometimes. That's highly critical and awful. You should apologize to sigelang!

Apology for what? I criticized his "art". I gave him useful criticism so that he could wipe out that ugly outline/ background from his future icons. I remember when his icons were a little better after the Baphomet icon he did, now it feels like he is not even trying.

On-Topic - I agree, it needs at least a re-defined and new background.