• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BTNCamomedievelimroved

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
So yesterday night I was bored, very very bored of the worlediter and I didn't want to continue with my map so I decided to make this icon instead! It is based of the human armour upgrade, with some camo and wooden pading it looks quite cool so I thought I'd upload it, hope you all enjoy!

Updated: more shading and added studs, and updated camo

Credits goes to blizzard for studs

Keywords:
Armour, metal, camo , med, mod, edit, new, cool.
Contents

BTNCamomedievelimroved (Icon)

Reviews
I3lackDeath Awaiting UpdateDate: 2013/Mar/09 01:02:39 Reasons:Please read the tutorials I linked here and practice the shown techniques. What you created, neither features depth nor coherence. [TR]Staff Contact Submission Rules

M

I3lackDeath

Awaiting Update
[tr]
Date:
2013/Mar/09 01:02:39
Reasons:
Please read the tutorials I linked here and practice the shown techniques.
What you created, neither features depth nor coherence.​

Staff Contact

Level 25
I think that this is approvable, but I bet it will go under the blizzard user profile.

No, this isn't approvable at its current state.

It looks like this was made in MS Paint. It lacks a great deal of shading and highlights, as well as some better details (currently it looks nothing like any camo-gear would). I suggest you check out some 2D-tutorials if you want to continue making icons.

No, this isn't approvable at its current state.
This. Seriously, anyone who's considering uploading something to our Skins or Icons Section should read 2D art tutorials first and create a thread in our Texturing & Surfacing forum,
before even thinking of submitting resources.

Lichkings slave, do what I just wrote. Acquire the most basic 2d art skills before uploading something. This submission is far from being approvable.
You took this original Blizzard Entertainment icon:
reinforcedleatherarmor.gif
and pretty much fucked it up (sorry for this expression, but I think it's most fitting).

Level 25
But I mean how I'm complety useless when it comes to skinning, many guys have recommended I use a grafic tablet but that is just way outta my budget, so maybe ill have to look into thos tutorials on the hive, hmmmmm I've read through some of them but none about icons.

Graphic tablets aren't necessarily required. I don't have one. It's all about practice. This icon already looks better, but it still lacks some shading and highlights. And yeah, you should definitely check out some tutorials; unlike graphic tablets, they are free, and they will almost certainly help you improve as well.