• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Brotherhood Of Kenji

Reactions: deepstrasz
Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Open Source
Current Version - 1.07
Duration - 4 minutes 21 seconds

Description

This cinematic revolves around the battle between 2 brothers, Murasame and Masamune who have became rivals ever since their superstitious father mistreated Masamune after listening to a fortune teller that had told him about Masamune bringing misfortune to the family while Murasame brings luck.

The abused soon became unbearable to Masamune, which eventually results to him murdering his own father and choosing to join the evil path. However, Murasame returns in time to listen to his fathers last wish.

His fathers last wish is to tell Masamune how sorry he was for mistreating him and to bring him back to the righteous path.

4 years have passed and Murasame has became a general for his outstanding achievement in millitary. One day, faith brought both of them to met in a forest during midnight. The beginning of the ultimate battle between both brothers, has begun.

Screenshot

148027-albums700-picture8603.jpg

148027-albums700-picture8604.jpg

148027-albums700-picture8605.jpg

148027-albums700-picture8606.jpg

148027-albums700-picture8607.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Model
  • Black_Stan
  • WILLTHEALMIGHTY
  • DungeonM
GUI/JASS Assistant
  • HappyTrigger
  • Hanky
Terrainer
  • raid1000
Loading Screen & Images
  • Paladon
Language, Spelling & Grammar
  • bounty hunter2
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Improve triggering.
  • Improve camera movement.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Brotherhood Of Kenji (Map)

Reviews
21:03, 19th Feb 2009 VGsatomi: Approved. A short fighting sequence set in Japan with almost completely imported models and material. The music set the frantic pace of the fighting. Some interesting tricks were used for fighting moves, but misses a...
Level 7
It isn't my terrain, look at the credit list.
Sry the terrain of your map.... makes a difference? Not really.

A constructive critism must be accurate just like bounty hunter2 was, what I am telling you was the thing you did not notice during the ingame.
I was accurate and gave detailed information about what i miss. I didn't miss things because of viewing it only once (which is not true btw).

Report it for what? I just explain why I do not do it that way and what you are missing, that's all.
You told my why i'm wrong. Thats not the way you should deal with critism.
Get a step back and try to view it from another view.

Level 31
Sry the terrain of your map.... makes a difference? Not really.

- terrain could be a bit better, it looks too unvaried

If raid1000 doesn't do a good job in the terrain, I would not accept his work. Infact, I had view most of the wc3c cinematic map with forest scenery. Most of it have a similiar scenery of such a forest.

Infact, just take a look at how a natural forest look like.

2400-1879~Forest-Creek-Posters.jpg

forest_400.jpg

I was accurate and gave detailed information about what i miss. I didn't miss things because of viewing it only once (which is not true btw).

Ok, let's browse back at what you said.

- how about adding fog? or other weather effects? (rain+thunder... wohoo :) )

You said it was accurate, but if you review does. How come you suggest it should have fog when it already does had it?

1.jpg

If it was accurate, how come you miss it? Just take a look at this first screenshot, if you view the starting cinematic; you would notice it was quite foggy.

148027-albums700-picture8603.jpg

There is a obvious contradiction over this constructive critism of yours regarding the fog.

- at the beginning you showed the richness of detail on the character, i´m missing this during the fight (enclose your camera paths to the warriors)

The camera was actually quite close to the warrior during the battle scenery.

If I make it any closer, it would eventually make the model invisible or goes through it. Take a look at some battle cinematic. Those distance are usually as close as this state.

I have make a research to a few excellent battle cinematic such as The Spirit of Vengeance, most of it have such a distance.

Edit: Btw: Regarding the lag at the final effect waves: i don´t know if it works, but try preloading your effects during map initialization by casting them somewhere on the map once. That works for heros, maybe it works for special effects too.

I eventually just remember, maybe the 5 user I tested this map with have quite a high ram for their computer and good connection; rendering it to no lag at all.

Can you tell me what is your computer ram?

bounty hunter2 tell me he have a lemon computer, but I doesn't know what is the ram of his pc, got to ask him about it.

You told my why i'm wrong. Thats not the way you should deal with critism.
Get a step back and try to view it from another view.

If a critic is missing something, I would explain what are they missing. Just look at bounty hunter2 reply and my explaination of what he was missing.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1005069-post5.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1005076-post6.html

There is nothing wrong with your review as well, all I does was explain something the you was missing. The same I does to other user if they are missing it as well.

If you visit wc3c.net, you would know how we discuss such a matter.

Also, I do not said why you are wrong. I tell you what are you missing (Such as the fog effect and camera close up to warrior during the battle).

Do not forget you write this message at the beginning.

but it i´m missing some details

I just reply it based on what you write. If you said I am wrong, then mind explain to me why you write this?

Level 7
Fog: i didn´t mean the standart terrain fog. I was thinking about the "weather-effect"-fog.
Camera paths: Is the near cutting plane the same as in the editor? If yes it should be possible to enclose it, i think of shoulder perspective right beside the head e.g. or is that too close? If its not possible, ok that´s an argue.
Lag: 1024 mb RAM. Approx 50% unallocated.
Terrain: Look at 2nd picture, it looks like flowers grow on a dirty ground. Unnatural, but maybe with a grassy ground it would look "to green", too intensive, cause of the rather dark ambient. I prefere more (grass-) scrubs (look at your first rl-picture).

Level 31
Fog: i didn´t mean the standart terrain fog. I was thinking about the "weather-effect"-fog.

Point taken, you should have said it at the beginning. I would take it into consideration.

Camera paths: Is the near cutting plane the same as in the editor? If yes it should be possible to enclose it, i think of shoulder perspective right beside the head e.g. or is that too close? If its not possible, ok that´s an argue.

The closer I could get would probably be the scene where the samurai was talking. Making it any closer and it won't be viewable.

Anyway, why you want to view the head and shoulder?

Lag: 1024 mb RAM. Approx 50% unallocated.

Strange, I do not experience any lag even though my ram was 50% of yours. Do not understand why it could had happen to yours.

Terrain: Look at 2nd picture, it looks like flowers grow on a dirty ground. Unnatural, but maybe with a grassy ground it would look "to green", too intensive, cause of the rather dark ambient. I prefere more (grass-) scrubs (look at your first rl-picture).

How can it look unnatural this way? If a soil was rich, the flower could grow over there.
And it was rather bad idea to add too much grass and scrubs, cause of 2 reason.

1) Forest doesn't consist of grass and scrubs only, sometimes it would be better to have some dirt and flower as well.
2) It would make the entire map lagging if there is too much of it.

Level 7
The closer I could get would probably be the scene where the samurai was talking. Making it any closer and it won't be viewable.
Anyway, why you want to view the head and shoulder?
YouTube - Kill Bill - Uncut Fight Scene
1:53
3:55
Really looks stylish and gives the viewer the feeling of being right in the fight.

Strange, I do not experience any lag even though my ram was 50% of yours. Do not understand why it could had happen to yours.
Well started it several times, it just lags the first time when started wc3. Guess its precaching but well.... strang, indeed.

How can it look unnatural this way? If a soil was rich, the flower could grow over there.
And it was rather bad idea to add too much grass and scrubs, cause of 2 reason.
1) Forest doesn't consist of grass and scrubs only, sometimes it would be better to have some dirt and flower as well.
2) It would make the entire map lagging if there is too much of it.
Flowers grow in e.g. grass, not on dirt. Dirt means "something walked here or destroyed the surface", therefor there are no flowers.
Forest doesn´t consists out of grass and scrubs only yes, but it looked more like a glade without any trees.
The area is really small, even tripling the amount of scrubs won't cause lags i think.

Level 31
YouTube - Kill Bill - Uncut Fight Scene
1:53
3:55
Really looks stylish and gives the viewer the feeling of being right in the fight.

My cinematic have several close up like this such as the 2nd screenshot of my map.

All battle cinematic could only get as close as this. Why do I say so? Just take a look at this bottom picture and you would understand perfectly why the distance could get as close as this only.

38485497.jpg

A lot of battle cinematic only could get such a close up look because of this problem. Do not believe it? Try it yourself and you would experience the same problem.

Flowers grow in e.g. grass, not on dirt. Dirt means "something walked here or destroyed the surface", therefor there are no flowers.

The flower seed could have probably brought over by the wind and grow over there. This issue only can be solved if we can fine someone who know very well regarding about soil and seed to explain it.

Forest doesn´t consists out of grass and scrubs only yes, but it looked more like a glade without any trees.

There is a tree, but they are fighting at open place since several tree at the area have been cut off. I am sure you would notice several tree stump over the area.

The area is really small, even tripling the amount of scrubs won't cause lags i think.

It would. Awkward Affection cinematic by Thrikodius have a small scenery full of scrubs, resulted into a lag. You can ask Thrikodius for his cinematic map to see what occur.