• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bridge Repair Hut / Utility Hut 2.0e

Bridge Repair Hut

— By ProxyCakey / Directive255 / Nepumin

Current Edition: 2.0e

Alternate Name(s):Utility Hut

Give Credits if Used. Feel Free to Edit for Personal Use.

Description

A remake of the Bridge Repair Hut from Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge / Mental Omega 3.

The Utility Hut is often seen in both end of a bridge for ease of maintenance. A skilled worker can be sent to the hut and repair the entire bridge to full health, regardless of how many sections destroyed. On the other hand, some saboteur may rig the Utility Hut with explosives to demolish the entire bridge as well.

In some worlds, variants of the Utility Hut may be linked to other facilities beside bridges (e.g. an Arcane Observatory, a Psychic Amplifier, a Dimensional Gate, or even an entire section of a dungeon).

Gallery

190078-c26aaaad842b23a1358d5bf3322f1376.png

190077-bbe7cad434338a25b5be96a7c7243790.png

190079-49543db6fe75210e424ea3e41a147536.png

full

full

full

full

full

full

190080-820b0eaab1822c1333f6c264e9192227.gif

Feature List

Animations
  • Birth
  • Stand
  • Death
  • Decay
Building Foundation
Portrait Camera
  • Team-Colored Background
Attachment Points
  • overhead ref
  • origin ref
  • sprite first ref
  • sprite second ref
  • sprite third ref
  • sprite RallyPoint ref

Changelog

28 April 2021

Changes:
  • Fixed build animation dust showing up in Stand and Portrait animations... hopefully. Please no more oversights...

To-Do List:
  • Team Color

27 April 2021

Changes:
  • Added the attachment points "sprite first ref", "sprite second ref" and "sprite third ref" into the model.
  • Imported rubbles and explosions from the Human Tower's death and decay animation.
  • Added a portrait background with some team color.
  • Reworked the death and decay animation.

To-Do List:
  • Team Color

27 April 2021
  • Removed duplicate entry in Special Thanks.

27 April 2021

Changes:
  • Added 3 attachment points. (Suggestion from @ILH)
  • Rotated the building slightly to the left. (Suggestion from @ILH)
  • Slightly enlarged the model.

To-Do List:
  • Team Color

27 April 2021
  • Added Changelog section.
  • Added Kalle Halvarsson's name to Special Thanks section.
  • Removed a redundant preview.

27 April 2021

• Uploaded.

Special Thanks

Westwood StudiosInspiration and Original Content from Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
@MythicTroubleshooting
Blender FoundationBlender 2.78
Kalle HalvarssonWarcraft MDL exporter for Blender 2.79
@MagosWar3 Model Editor
АлексейMdlvis
@ReteraRetera's Model Studio v0.04
Previews
Contents

Bridge Repair Hut / Utility Hut E2.0e (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A useful building model. Works in-game. Approved!

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 25
I've done adding the attachment points, cleaned up the emitters and rotated the hut. (Uploading soon)

Though I think I'll add in the team color later when I have more time. I think it can still be used as a neutral building with no team color.
Nice!
Also those were just my suggestions, you are free to your own preference.

However, I forgot to mention that buildings specifically also require Sprite First, Sprite Second, and Sprite Third attachment points (for damaged state). Sorry, I hope you don't mind including those on the next version. ;)

Haven't tested in-game, but I assumed from Sanity Check that you didn't recalculate the extents after rotating the model. (It should still work fine as before, but not to let it turn into a habit)

Level 22
Nice!
Also those were just my suggestions, you are free to your own preference.

However, I forgot to mention that buildings specifically also require Sprite First, Sprite Second, and Sprite Third attachment points (for damaged state). Sorry, I hope you don't mind including those on the next version. ;)

Haven't tested in-game, but I assumed from Sanity Check that you didn't recalculate the extents after rotating the model. (It should still work fine as before, but not to let it turn into a habit)

👍

For team color, I've changed my mind - I think it's a good idea after all, but am feeling a bit lazy to implement it at the moment lol

Oh, right. I was wondering what are these sprites for. Do I also have to add some Bliz Particle fire as well?

You're right, I didn't. I thought it was fine after having calculating the extents once only when importing from Blender. Thanks for heads up

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 25
👍

For team color, I've changed my mind - I think it's a good idea after all, but am feeling a bit lazy to implement it at the moment lol

Oh, right. I was wondering what are these sprites for. Do I also have to add some Bliz Particle fire as well?

You're right, I didn't. I thought it was fine after having calculating the extents once only when importing from Blender. Thanks for heads up
No, you don't have to add any fire particles. The sprite attachments serve as locations for flames to spawn on, whereas the fire models are already implemented in-game. The more the building gets damaged, the more the flames spawn, which uses up to 3 attachment points (Hence the Sprite First, Second, Third).