• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Breath of fire spell closer look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Been trying to re-create breath of fire in triggers, but the data field "Final area" & "Area of affect" confuse me.

Anyone run into what exactly they result in?

Most notably is the distance if you see the comparison GIFs below, the vanilla breathe of fire goes beyond 600 (as set in it's data fields.) so does this mean the final area "adds" onto the total distance?

[Large GIFs, careful phone dorks]
Breath of Fire (triggered).gifBreath of Fire.gif

Last edited:
Level 12
I suppose the final area is the larger area at the end. And I guess the distance is rather hardcoded.

Honestly, you seem to have done a good job so far, all you really need is mimic the original spell a bit more, and make your initial damage area and final area to match, and approximate the distance of the original spell.

What sfx model did you use for your version ?

EDIT :

Sorry my mistake the distance is indeed specified in the ability fields.

Level 12
Well tested it and it seems to be working nicely !

I admit I liked how the parasite missile rendered on the edges, thus why I asked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.