• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Bots - they've come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yes, they're back. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them (blocking new ones)? You had a rather good (and funny) idea actually, Ralle, which could work (http://forums.hiveworkshop.com/showthread.php?t=6694#post64460). Add the field to the registration form and then add a note to the rules displayed when you register reading somewhat like this; "Attention! Due to previous bot problems, we've added an extra field called Bot Filter, in which you have to write the text I am not a bot. Thank you for understanding." Any good?

Level 11
I've been getting major bot spam recently, on another forum I take care of. All of it goes to a private locked forum for review and IP gathering.

This is everything it's had put in it over the past two days:

14ea1c2c.jpg

And we even have authimage on our registration forms!

Status
Not open for further replies.