• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eurobattle.net requires help on JASS coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'll just move ahead to quoting the administrator's words:
Hello Hive Workshop (my favourite w3 modding community psst!)

I am Cen (klemen on your forums), Administrator on Eurobattle.net server and I am coming here today with a bit of a request.

Like half a year ago, with ghost bots (and versions of it) getting better and better, Dota leagues on our server (and everywhere else) started emerging. We are talking about public leagues with hundreds of games daily with full site systems here, not some private leagues with openstats. :) Our server widely supported this and Dota is the most widely played map today, which is never gonna change.

At the same time, PG [Play Game, melee] part of W3 started dying. Less and less games are played because of several reasons. Game got old, players leaving, game lag (no bots to reduce it), pvpgn specific bugs etc.. The PG part of the server was kinda left down all this time and now we want to do something to revive it.

The most obvious step is taking the succesfull concept from Dota and implement it in pg: PG League with hosting bots and full site systems. Now you might be asking, why we can't do it? Here comes you. :)

Bots only know how to parse statistic of Dota games right now.. if we wanted to do the same for PG, our only bot coder would have to work for months to hardcode this into the bot. Luckily, there is a better solution: W3MMD standard for custom maps. Link: http://www.codelain.com/forum/index.php?topic=3340.0

It is a standard supported by ghost that allows map makers to implement it in their map and allow the bot to parse whatever information you want in it's database. Problem: we have no JASS coders to help us and I am too noob to do it myself (only managed to implement a simple win/lose with help of triggers :p). W3MMD should be implemented in all PG ladder maps. It should recognise winner(s) and loser(s) and give some additional information like Hero kills, unit kills and other statistic that might be interesting for players. Once we have a working W3MMD implemented, it's very easy for us to build ladders and everything else, because all data is stored in bot's database.

What we'd need from you is some help, maybe recommend us some of your users who could give a hand on this project, a forum announcement or things like that. I believe for experienced JASS coder(s), implementing W3MMD in a way I mentioned above would be quite an easy task. A working PG league would mean a huge step in PG in all aspects. Less lag, ladder with extensive statistic, reliable hosting (reconnection with gproxy!), all replays automatically avalible to our hacks team, we'd finally get rid of some pvpgn specific PG bugs... and many more.

Please tell me what do you think about all this and if you could help us in any way.

Sincerely, cen
Eurobattle.net administrator

Personally, I hate having to read through other people's codes, so I didn't go deep into it, but, being GHosts the fad that they are nowadays, I'm sure some of you will be eager to look into this.

Level 22
I don't care about dota but I don't hate it. Others do, so I doubt much interest will be raised here. I really have to stop posting in threads that I find useless, else I only bash them... Like didn't these learn private servers are sooo 2004 and soo bad? That is before ppl could get fast enough internet, before there was Garena, before people really decided to play real bnet, etc? The best place for Dota is Garena, there are like 50 channels full with 225 Dot'ards per channel. Even better than bnet yes, screw bnet.

And if he's gonna make Dota ladder that sounds new and interesting for those who still play Dota. Im sorry that I'm so sarcastic about a game already dying and I still lol at Dotaers when there's other Dota games /HoN, LoL/ and mostly because when Dota 2 comes out, I will find even Dotaers sticking to war3 as weird as everyone else still playing war3. I mean.. most who are still doing things on war3 are like from 3-4 years ago or less in war3, be 7 years with it, and I wanna see who normal will still play that game...

Level 17
I don't care about dota but I don't hate it. Others do, so I doubt much interest will be raised here. I really have to stop posting in threads that I find useless, else I only bash them... Like didn't these learn private servers are sooo 2004 and soo bad? That is before ppl could get fast enough internet, before there was Garena, before people really decided to play real bnet, etc? The best place for Dota is Garena, there are like 50 channels full with 225 Dot'ards per channel. Even better than bnet yes, screw bnet.

And if he's gonna make Dota ladder that sounds new and interesting for those who still play Dota. Im sorry that I'm so sarcastic about a game already dying and I still lol at Dotaers when there's other Dota games /HoN, LoL/ and mostly because when Dota 2 comes out, I will find even Dotaers sticking to war3 as weird as everyone else still playing war3. I mean.. most who are still doing things on war3 are like from 3-4 years ago or less in war3, be 7 years with it, and I wanna see who normal will still play that game...

Read carefully:

At the same time, PG [Play Game, melee] part of W3 started dying. Less and less games are played because of several reasons. Game got old, players leaving, game lag (no bots to reduce it), pvpgn specific bugs etc.. The PG part of the server was kinda left down all this time and now we want to do something to revive it.

Level 22
I'm sorry, so it is about melee. And my point about 'wtf private servers' still stays to the topic. Since when talking about private servers here is ok? Garena is times better and if you want ladder, I would say bnet is bnet. From personal exp with such server in 2004, it was a joke.

Level 8
We have DotA part of the server fully covered already, with a dozen of public and private leagues hosted on dedicated servers and reconnection ability.
As I stated above, we want to work on PG a bit and since GHost developers natively only hardcoded support for DotA statistic we have to do a workaround by using W3MMD standard which is also supported by bots. In order to implement the standard to meele maps I need some people with JASS knowledge.

A working implementation on a single meele map will do it for the start so I can test the handling in database and the possibilities.

And please do not turn this topic into private servers, bnet vs Garena and similar wars, because it is completely irrelavant to the topic. :)

Level 5
Actually, no. Why should someone do anything for pirated server? It's like making maps for Garena or for the custom SC2 LAN which is currently in the work.

Level 22
Actually, no. Why should someone do anything for pirated server? It's like making maps for Garena or for the custom SC2 LAN which is currently in the work.

Is there such thing? I thought there was in sC2 beta then it was canceled after suing the person who did it and then there was nothing like it every since. SC2 is expensive with its 3 copies but today lots of people who won't be noobs and wanna play for real buy the game... I think this with playing on a server instead of bnet is too old and barely used, I'm talking about people who wanna play seriously ladder, not retards.

Status
Not open for further replies.